Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

glenmorangie distilley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: glenmorangie distilley Reply with quote

the last time i visited glenmorangie we had decided to drive up from newtonmore in the highlands, heck of a drive but....it was worth it.

typical farm type building on the banks of the dornoch firth and as you leave the carpark and enter the yard their are 2 large warehouses saying glenmorangie distillry across both in big black letters on a white background, see these and you know you have arrived. their was also a stack of bourbon barrels as high as the eye could see, a ready for use afrter just arriving from the cooper. nice coffee shop for starters then the tour and a look at the old machinery that used to be used in the distillery, then the tour. the still are tall thin and ellegent and look the same colour in the sunlight that streams in as a bottle of the 10 year old held up to the light, magic. nice tour and not to much information as it would be difficult to take it all in. it struck me that the staff were as proud as punch.
the dram was a choice of the 10,15 0r 18 year olds (or if you were a bit crafty, all 3) I MANAGED 2, 15 AND 18.

then on to a very well stocked shop to stock up. all in all, worth the drive.

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How were the midges?
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
How were the midges?

just a dab of lavender oil behind the ears and they don't seem to give bother, mind you, you get some funny looks Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
How were the midges?

just a dab of lavender oil behind the ears and they don't seem to give bother, mind you, you get some funny looks Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

Citronellla for me, lavenders for moths! Though I imagine if the malting kiln is going you are the proverbial moth to the flame Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: