Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello everybody!! I'm new. Deadman68 told me about this site
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Hello everybody!! I'm new. Deadman68 told me about this site Reply with quote

Hello!!!
I'm from Spain and I like to introduce myself. My name is Fernando and in northwest Spain my family have a grapeyard to make wine. I think this is the best thing you could ever do with fruit, he he he. I worked so hard many many times there, but woth the effort, without any doubt.
First of all, possibly my English grammar and ortography could be very bad. Forgive me, please.
I must thank Deadman68 (though, I don´t know if he uses this nick here) that he told me about this forum.
The best beer from Spain is Voll-Dam. About wine: Ribera del Duero.
I also like very much "pacharán", there isn't a equivalent word in English or I don't know it. The pacharán is made with "endrinas" (the most bitter fruit in the whole world: one drop of its juice in your tongue will let it rough as cat's tongue), some little blue fruits. Pacharán's color is red and after a meal is simply gorgeus.
The "endrinas":
One bottle:
Its brilliant red:

Another licour I like very much is the absenta 'the green fairy'...

What do you think about pacharán and absenta?

See you!
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fernando,

I'm Johnny on this site and the wife loves Absinthe, but unfortunatley we have a 12 week old so just a glass of red wine on the evening at the moment. Great to have you here, and great pics to explain the wines, great to get you here, and hopefully the forum won't fold in a years time like the other site!!!!! Sad What do you think to Sherry as I think we have a few reviews lurking in the Wine section that could be updated and your wine knowledge will be greatly sort.
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Hi Fernando,

I'm Johnny on this site and the wife loves Absinthe, but unfortunatley we have a 12 week old so just a glass of red wine on the evening at the moment. Great to have you here, and great pics to explain the wines, great to get you here, and hopefully the forum won't fold in a years time like the other site!!!!! Sad What do you think to Sherry as I think we have a few reviews lurking in the Wine section that could be updated and your wine knowledge will be greatly sort.

Hi Johny! How are you? I haven't time enough now, in seven minutes I will going home, finished my work today (yes, I'm at work, OMG!, they are going to fire me). One of my best friends have a little child (2 years) and I spent my weekends now in the same way: ribera del duero, rioja, but only a bottle for 4 people during the dinner...
I'm very pleased to find you here, sure we will enjoy a couple of glasess...
Have a nice weekend!

:D

Fernando.

PS: you have to post a picture of your little child!

PPS: I'm downloadind "death warmed up" but it seems to takes a long time...
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Hi Fernando,

Hi Johny! How are you? I haven't time enough now, in seven minutes I will going home, finished my work today (yes, I'm at work, OMG!, they are going to fire me). One of my best friends have a little child (2 years) and I spent my weekends now in the same way: ribera del duero, rioja, but only a bottle for 4 people during the dinner...
I'm very pleased to find you here, sure we will enjoy a couple of glasess...
Have a nice weekend!

:D

Fernando.

PS: you have to post a picture of your little child!

PPS: I'm downloadind "death warmed up" but it seems to takes a long time...

Have a good weekend, hope Death Warmed Up doesn't trun out to be too disappointing, but its one of those stuck in the 80's movies that I'd love to see again.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everybody!! I'm new. Deadman68 told me about this Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Hello!!!
I'm from Spain and I like to introduce myself. My name is Fernando and in northwest Spain my family have a grapeyard to make wine. I think this is the best thing you could ever do with fruit, he he he. I worked so hard many many times there, but woth the effort, without any doubt.
First of all, possibly my English grammar and ortography could be very bad. Forgive me, please.
I must thank Deadman68 (though, I don´t know if he uses this nick here) that he told me about this forum.
I also like very much "pacharán", there isn't a equivalent word in English or I don't know it. The pacharán is made with "endrinas" (the most bitter fruit in the whole world: one drop of its juice in your tongue will let it rough as cat's tongue), some little blue fruits. Pacharán's color is red and after a meal is simply gorgeus.
The "endrinas":
One bottle:
Its brilliant red:

See you!

Welcome,

while we're here in the rain what's the weather like there? Jealous just thinking about it Laughing
dav182
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome :D
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello everybody!! I'm new. Deadman68 told me about this Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Hello!!!
The "endrinas":
One bottle:
Its brilliant red:

See you!

You'll have to tell us something in the wine section about your families vineyard, will have glass of wine ready :D
Dollarcigars
Superior Blend
Superior Blend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Fernando,

Just realised I've made my 100th post on the whiskyroom occasion9

Nice to see another lover of Belgian beers, will have to get you into whisky next, it's gods drink!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question? All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: