Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

welcome fernando
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
"Life aquatic" is one of the best films of the year! I laugh a lot watching and remembering it. Zissou spent all the time drinking Campary and smoking joint aboard a vessel: all I ever dreamed! :D

I'm going to the beer threadboard...

Mothers family were sailors, but not as drunk and stoned as Zissou Laughing

What I ever liked was the sea books. Stories of brave sailors... Whe I was young I ever wanted to became a sailor. I allways wanted to seem "Manuel" interpreted by Spencer Tracy...
But, the very first time I was aboard of a ship I was vomiting till fall unconscious... So I begin to think twice about that desire. Wink

And, to reach a virgin island during the famous zombie outbreack you need to know how to sail a ship.
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
"Life aquatic" is one of the best films of the year! I laugh a lot watching and remembering it. Zissou spent all the time drinking Campary and smoking joint aboard a vessel: all I ever dreamed! :D

What I ever liked was the sea books. Stories of brave sailors... Whe I was young I ever wanted to became a sailor. I allways wanted to seem "Manuel" interpreted by Spencer Tracy...
But, the very first time I was aboard of a ship I was vomiting till fall unconscious... So I begin to think twice about that desire. Wink

And, to reach a virgin island during the famous zombie outbreack you need to know how to sail a ship.

She learnt to fly the helicopter, so it would be like in Day of the Triffids (The BBC TV series - not the movie) when Crocker learns to do everything again from books, but that requires time Confused

I loved the new version of Dawn of the Dead as well, and I'm a big fan of 28 days later. As I said on ZA these survival type movies including The Omega Man, Night Of The Comet, The Thing etc always intrigue me the most.
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

She learnt to fly the helicopter, so it would be like in Day of the Triffids (The BBC TV series - not the movie) when Crocker learns to do everything again from books, but that requires time Confused

I loved the new version of Dawn of the Dead as well, and I'm a big fan of 28 days later. As I said on ZA these survival type movies including The Omega Man, Night Of The Comet, The Thing etc always intrigue me the most.

what I most hate is the tipical line: "28 days later isn't a zombie movie". AAAGHH!! For god shake! This film is one of the best zombie films ever made! The film has an incredible photography. An the scenes of a deserted London are amazing. And the beggining "in media res" is wonderful: we look the city through the eyes of the messenger and we get as fascinated as him... We, as he, don't know anything about what is happening... It's great!
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both, 28 days and DawnOTD04, are the best example of suberb comtemporary survival horror movies. These films show us that it's posible make zombie films today, with the quality that brings the present, and maintaining the charm and the 80's' soul...
You know what I think about LOTD and what I expected from it...
Gurka
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Both, 28 days and DawnOTD04, are the best example of suberb comtemporary survival horror movies. These films show us that it's posible make zombie films today, with the quality that brings the present, and maintaining the charm and the 80's' soul...

Have to agree both films were excellent, shame Romero wasn't a big fan of the fast Zombies even if he didn't want to use them himself, just seemed a little cherlish to get at a great homage to one of his masterpieces. Apparently they may make another of the fast Zombie movies as Dawn of the Dead did so well, the soundtrack was amazing, especially the use of Johnny Cash at the beginning.
dave
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the whiskyroom :D
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurka wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

Have to agree both films were excellent, shame Romero wasn't a big fan of the fast Zombies even if he didn't want to use them himself, just seemed a little cherlish to get at a great homage to one of his masterpieces. Apparently they may make another of the fast Zombie movies as Dawn of the Dead did so well, the soundtrack was amazing, especially the use of Johnny Cash at the beginning.

Yes, speedy zombies are excellent. I like both of them: speedy and slow ones. Slow ones have more charm, and they bring you the oportunity to run between them in an epic scene. Faster zombies are much more dangerous.
I think that we could use both in a film. When a human dies in a couple of hours will be affected by rigor mortis (before this happens, if it rises from the dead, it would run as fast as it could when was alive, even more and without the need to stop and have a break). When rigor mortis apears it can move so fast, but in a couple of hours moving its body, the rigor mortis will disappear (the squeezed tight muscles get broken) and the corpse will run a bit faster (not so faster as the beginning before rigor mortis affected it). When it become bit a bit rotten it would be more slow until became a sack of bones...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: