Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Grudge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: The Grudge Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Graham70 wrote:
Hi Fernando and other horror fans on the site, the Zombie Army link is closing down but hopefully we can keep a healthy film review going here.

Anyone see the new version of The Grudge with Sarah Michelle Geller, really good, got us at every point! Shocked

Yeah, ZA is close to its end... Sadly.
About Hollywood remakes of Japan horror movies: I allways prefer the japanesse ones. Not only because the japanesse ones are the original ones. Japan horror scare me a lot! The simple view of a little japanesse boy alone in the dark scares me more than anything. I watched, in the last years, many oriental horror films very good indeed: Ringu, Ringu 2, Dark Water, The eye (this one isn't so good, but worths), The grudge, The grudge 2, Ju On (the grudge 2004, the prequel), Two sisters (a korean horror film, really awesome, you'll shiver, sure), Uzumaki ("Spiral", a great horror comick book but not a great film: if you could choose, read the comic writed and drawed by Junji Ito) and Tomie (also based on Ito's comic of the same name). And to zombies lovers, the last asiatic film I'd seen with zombies in was "S.A.R.S. wars" (now, with the fu**ing chickens all around getting ill, becomes necessary watch this film: be prepared ever for the worst). And for those who enjoy zombies, like chickens and have sense of humour (and less brain activity, Wink ), we can find a great film: Poultrygeist: Attack of the Chicken Zombies! "When the American Chicken Bunker, a military-themed fried-chicken chain, builds a restaurant on the site of an ancient Indian burial ground, local protesters aren't the only ones crying fowl! The previous tenants, fueled by a supernatural force, take "possession" of the food and those who eat it, and the survivors discover that they must band together before they themselves become the other white meat! Film lovers have been starved for sustenance. The relentless diet of predictability and pretense Hollywood has been serving up just doesn't cut it. Poultrygeist is hearty food for thought. In Poultrygeist, Troma takes on the the fast-food industry-skewering the soulless restaurateurs-in the world's first horror-comedy film to feature zombie chickens, American Indians and a bit of singing and dancing! It's Poultrygeist!" (ImDb plot summary)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Film All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: