Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rock Star Deaths
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Dirges or Prog, rock or skate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
I also could say that I have "punk days", but mainly "after punk days", 5 years listening "The Cure", "Echo and the Bunnymen", "Virgin Prunes", "Joy Division", "Bauhaus", "Jesus and Mary Chain", Rozz Williams and his "Christian Death" and so on...

Sadly I haven't got a single pic about me during those days. But my baldness is proof enough about my hair lacquer abuse... Laughing
Mine was down to dying my hair far to many times Laughing Laughing Bauhaus were a great band, saw UK subs and GBH quite a bit and Conflict which were the band that came out of CRASS. I think I went through most musical phases though as I was mainly a rocker Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Hawkwind, Deep Purple and now a bit of folk and jazz thrown into the mix with a bit of easy listening - god I'm old Laughing

Yeah, I also change a lot. I was too much close to certain bands that someone could calls them as "a bit hippie bands" ( Laughing ), also tecno (but I allways liked tecno since Front 242 and Kraftwerk), and now... well, now I don't care very much about music... Crying or Very sad I don't know why, but I don't play a record or a CD in many days... Perhaps some jazz (jazz and beer marry wonderfully) and swing. And Julio Iglesias during shower! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm old too... Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Were just old hippies now Laughing color That reminds me Hair is a great musical
Wave
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
I also could say that I have "punk days", but mainly "after punk days", 5 years listening "The Cure", "Echo and the Bunnymen", "Virgin Prunes", "Joy Division", "Bauhaus", "Jesus and Mary Chain", Rozz Williams and his "Christian Death" and so on...

Sadly I haven't got a single pic about me during those days. But my baldness is proof enough about my hair lacquer abuse... Laughing
Mine was down to dying my hair far to many times Laughing Laughing Bauhaus were a great band, saw UK subs and GBH quite a bit and Conflict which were the band that came out of CRASS. I think I went through most musical phases though as I was mainly a rocker Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Hawkwind, Deep Purple and now a bit of folk and jazz thrown into the mix with a bit of easy listening - god I'm old Laughing

Actually I was one to listen to the original CRASS not to mention The Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, MDC, Front 242, Black Sabbath, etc, etc, etc ....and at 47 I still do! Even now I'm familiar with alot of the new rock bands. Atm I'm into Scandinavian PowerMetal (Masterplan, Pagan's Mind) and German Techno/Metal (Megaherz & Oomph!).

Thanks for the review of Paralisis Permanente Fernando77, I'll have to check 'em out. Always looking for new (or old) & bizarre music Smile
Easy Listening?? Not in this household!! lol
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

Actually I was one to listen to the original CRASS not to mention The Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, MDC, Front 242, Black Sabbath, etc, etc, etc ....and at 47 I still do! Even now I'm familiar with alot of the new rock bands. Atm I'm into Scandinavian PowerMetal (Masterplan, Pagan's Mind) and German Techno/Metal (Megaherz & Oomph!).

Thanks for the review of Paralisis Permanente Fernando77, I'll have to check 'em out. Always looking for new (or old) & bizarre music Smile

Gorgeous, Wave! Black Flag, I enjoyed that band and I didn't remember it...
Glad to know that you found interesting the info about P. Permanente. At the same time Eduardo Benavente was the leader of that group (with Ana Curra and some others memebers), he and Ana (only both of them) create another band called "Seres Vacíos" (which means "Empty Beings"). This band was even darker... Ana Curra was most important in Seres Vacíos than before.
Here is Ana Curra in an article from that period:
[img][/img]
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

Black Flag, DK's and MDC excellent. I have a video soemwhere of the DK's last gig at cbgb's. Seen Sabs quite a bit and was lucky enough to see the original line up a few years back. Ozzy now though unfortunately is a bit of a caricature for me, but Tony Iommi has a new radio show on one of the rock stations here that I may check out. Do you remember ANL the Anti No-Where League?
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

Glad to know that you found interesting the info about P. Permanente. At the same time Eduardo Benavente was the leader of that group (with Ana Curra and some others memebers), he and Ana (only both of them) create another band called "Seres Vacíos" (which means "Empty Beings"). This band was even darker... Ana Curra was most important in Seres Vacíos than before.
[img][/img]

Quote:

Spanish 'New Wave' & 'Post Punk' Bands

First at all... sorry for my english... but i'm spanish!!! xDDD.
I think this is a great, great thread!!!

In Spain the new wave and post punk music is highly associated with an ociocultural movement called 'La movida' because many of the visible heads of this movement were members of 'new wave-like' groups or worked and collaborated with this bands, or simply they made parties together...

Maybe the most emblematical band was Parálisis Permanente. The group leader, Eduardo Benavente, died in a car crash when he was only 21. They recorded various EPs and 12" in an independent label called 'Tres Cipreses' created by E. Benavente and Nacho Canut (a founder member of this and other punk and post punk spanish bands, Alaska's eternal musical partner, now in Fangoria, and son of King of Spain's dentist), and finally an LP titled 'El Acto' in 1982. Later, in the 90's, all their studio recordings where remastered and compilated on a digipack special edition CD, including a 37 pgs. book with a lot of photos an a brief history of the band. They were strongly influenced by Bauhaus and Siouxsie Sioux's aesthetic and recorded an spanish version of 'I wanna be your dog' called 'Quiero ser tu perro' and another of David Bowie's 'Heroes' called 'Héroes'. I couldn't choose only one, they made a lot of excellent songs: 'Quiero ser santa' , 'Unidos', 'Autosuficiencia', 'Nacidos para dominar', 'Un día en Texas', 'Jugando a las cartas'...

Seres Vacíos were another group formed by E. Benavente and his sentimental partner Ana Curra, who was a permanent collaborator of Parálisis Permanente and the keyboarder of Alaska y Los Pegamoides later reformed as Alaska y Dinarama. My favourite songs are 'Luna Nueva' and 'Los celos se apoderan de mi'. Ana Curra, that could be the spanish reincarnation of the fictitious daughter of Joan Jett and Siouxsie Sioux, began a non continuous career in solitaire after the death of Benavente. Her last LP, published in 1987, is titled 'Volviendo a las andadas'. The photos for the album were taken by Alberto García-Alix, an important spanish photographer that received, i think in 2003, the National Photography Prize. He was Curra's sentimental partner at that moment.

Derribos Arias were another important band. Their leader, called Poch, was an excessive being... a genious of sarcastic and surrealistic humour. His lyrics are very important, but it would be a lack not to mention the music made for the rest of the band, always experimental, with constructions and melodies that gain in every new heard. Some of their best sounds, like 'Vírgenes sangrantes en el matadero', 'A-Flúor', 'Branquias bajo el agua', 'Jurelandia', etc where compiled in a CD called simply 'CD' and published after the dead of Poch in the 90's due to a neuro degenerative disease. Members of the band made some songs in the 80's for Almodóvar & MacNamara, the band of Oscar's winner Pedro Almodóvar.

Esplendor Geométrico is another interesting group created at that moment. Initially interested in tecno pop (their members where founder members of El Aviador Dro), their song 'Moscú está helado' is an international tecno pop standard. Nowadays, E.G. is one of most respected bands on international industrial music movement. Geometrik Records published in 2004 a compilation CD called 'Moscú está helado (1980-2004)' that includes E.G.'s original song and versions made by international figures of industrial and electro like alex stark, Neonwerk, Most Significant Beat, The Hacker, G. D. Luxxe...

And finally, if you are interested on new spanish bands that vindicates that moment's music, Virüs is the perfect example. They can be considered the bastard son of Parálisis Permanente and Esplendor Geométrico. Dark and apocalyptic lyrics with shoegaze guitars and electronic adjustments. They make a version of Joy Division's 'Transmission'. You can download some songs from their official site. They have not yet any official release, but Cristian Vogel is working hard to make the production of their first CD.

Links:
* La Movida: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_movida
* Parálisis Permanente: http://usuarios.lycos.es/quierosersanta/
* Ana Curra: http://users.servicios.retecal.es/asegura/
* Derribos Arias: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/2486/
* Esplendor Geométrico: http://www.geometrikrecords.com/esplendor/
* Virüs: http://www.virusnuclear.com

see: http://www.last.fm/group/Obscure%2BPost-Punk%2Band%2BNew%2BWave/forum/11683/_/61006#f607400
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

[img][/img]

Quote:

Spanish 'New Wave' & 'Post Punk' Bands

First at all... sorry for my english... but i'm spanish!!! xDDD.
I think this is a great, great thread!!!

In Spain the new wave and post punk music is highly associated with an ociocultural movement called 'La movida' because many of the visible heads of this movement were members of 'new wave-like' groups or worked and collaborated with this bands, or simply they made parties together...

Maybe the most emblematical band was Parálisis Permanente. The group leader, Eduardo Benavente, died in a car crash when he was only 21. They recorded various EPs and 12" in an independent label called 'Tres Cipreses' created by E. Benavente and Nacho Canut (a founder member of this and other punk and post punk spanish bands, Alaska's eternal musical partner, now in Fangoria, and son of King of Spain's dentist), and finally an LP titled 'El Acto' in 1982. Later, in the 90's, all their studio recordings where remastered and compilated on a digipack special edition CD, including a 37 pgs. book with a lot of photos an a brief history of the band. They were strongly influenced by Bauhaus and Siouxsie Sioux's aesthetic and recorded an spanish version of 'I wanna be your dog' called 'Quiero ser tu perro' and another of David Bowie's 'Heroes' called 'Héroes'. I couldn't choose only one, they made a lot of excellent songs: 'Quiero ser santa' , 'Unidos', 'Autosuficiencia', 'Nacidos para dominar', 'Un día en Texas', 'Jugando a las cartas'...

Seres Vacíos were another group formed by E. Benavente and his sentimental partner Ana Curra, who was a permanent collaborator of Parálisis Permanente and the keyboarder of Alaska y Los Pegamoides later reformed as Alaska y Dinarama. My favourite songs are 'Luna Nueva' and 'Los celos se apoderan de mi'. Ana Curra, that could be the spanish reincarnation of the fictitious daughter of Joan Jett and Siouxsie Sioux, began a non continuous career in solitaire after the death of Benavente. Her last LP, published in 1987, is titled 'Volviendo a las andadas'. The photos for the album were taken by Alberto García-Alix, an important spanish photographer that received, i think in 2003, the National Photography Prize. He was Curra's sentimental partner at that moment.

Derribos Arias were another important band. Their leader, called Poch, was an excessive being... a genious of sarcastic and surrealistic humour. His lyrics are very important, but it would be a lack not to mention the music made for the rest of the band, always experimental, with constructions and melodies that gain in every new heard. Some of their best sounds, like 'Vírgenes sangrantes en el matadero', 'A-Flúor', 'Branquias bajo el agua', 'Jurelandia', etc where compiled in a CD called simply 'CD' and published after the dead of Poch in the 90's due to a neuro degenerative disease. Members of the band made some songs in the 80's for Almodóvar & MacNamara, the band of Oscar's winner Pedro Almodóvar.

Esplendor Geométrico is another interesting group created at that moment. Initially interested in tecno pop (their members where founder members of El Aviador Dro), their song 'Moscú está helado' is an international tecno pop standard. Nowadays, E.G. is one of most respected bands on international industrial music movement. Geometrik Records published in 2004 a compilation CD called 'Moscú está helado (1980-2004)' that includes E.G.'s original song and versions made by international figures of industrial and electro like alex stark, Neonwerk, Most Significant Beat, The Hacker, G. D. Luxxe...

And finally, if you are interested on new spanish bands that vindicates that moment's music, Virüs is the perfect example. They can be considered the bastard son of Parálisis Permanente and Esplendor Geométrico. Dark and apocalyptic lyrics with shoegaze guitars and electronic adjustments. They make a version of Joy Division's 'Transmission'. You can download some songs from their official site. They have not yet any official release, but Cristian Vogel is working hard to make the production of their first CD.

Links:
* La Movida: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_movida
* Parálisis Permanente: http://usuarios.lycos.es/quierosersanta/
* Ana Curra: http://users.servicios.retecal.es/asegura/
* Derribos Arias: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/2486/
* Esplendor Geométrico: http://www.geometrikrecords.com/esplendor/
* Virüs: http://www.virusnuclear.com

see: http://www.last.fm/group/Obscure%2BPost-Punk%2Band%2BNew%2BWave/forum/11683/_/61006#f607400

Excellent info!!!
I couldn't say it better!
"La movida" was between 1979 and 1983. Spain was full of bands plenty of imagination and pure energy. Also there are other artist: filmakers like Almodóvar, photographers as Ouka Lele http://www.rendiva.com/profile/Ouka-Lele--508 http://www.picassomio.com/artist-portfolio/508/es and Alberto García-Álix http://www.picassomio.com/artist-portfolio/358/es , painters as Cesepe, etc... Even the socialist Mayor of Madrid in 1982 was insane, his famous words before a great concert will stay in our memory: "¡¡¡Todo el mundo a colocarse, y el que no esté colocado que se fume un porro!!!" (which means: "Everybody gets drugged, and who wasn't get drugged lets smoke a joint!!!"). Incredible! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

[img][/img]

Excellent info!!!
"La movida" was between 1979 and 1983. Spain was full of bands plenty of imagination and pure energy. Also there are other artist: filmakers like Almodóvar, photographers as Ouka Lele http://www.rendiva.com/profile/Ouka-Lele--508 http://www.picassomio.com/artist-portfolio/508/es and Alberto García-Álix http://www.picassomio.com/artist-portfolio/358/es , painters as Cesepe, etc... Even the socialist Mayor of Madrid in 1982 was insane, his famous words before a great concert will stay in our memory: "¡¡¡Todo el mundo a colocarse, y el que no esté colocado que se fume un porro!!!" (which means: "Everybody gets drugged, and who wasn't get drugged lets smoke a joint!!!"). Incredible! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wow, I take it Madrid is a 24 hr party city Razz
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

[img][/img]

Excellent info!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wow, I take it Madrid is a 24 hr party city Razz

Today bars must close at 3 a.m. in the night. Before this law bars could open till the morning without special licenses. Now only discos could stay open late by night.
Well, I don't care, I'm sleeping or wanting to be asleep at 2 or 3 a.m.
Laughing
Bob52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Wave wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

[img][/img]

Excellent info!!!

Today bars must close at 3 a.m. in the night. Before this law bars could open till the morning without special licenses. Now only discos could stay open late by night.
Well, I don't care, I'm sleeping or wanting to be asleep at 2 or 3 a.m.
Laughing

I'm lucky to make it to 11pm these days Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Dirges or Prog, rock or skate All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: