Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scapa Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Scapa Website Reply with quote

Just been to the Scapa Website:-

www.scapamalt.com

Good little website, full of info on how the distillery is being renovated. The 14 yr expression seems to be the only whisky they are selling at the moment, but the site says they're gonna be releasing other whiskies next year. Can't wait personally, I think Scapa is a lovely little whisky, but I am fond of the coastal whiskies, such as this & Old Pultney :D
Wave
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Scapa yet but I've seen the distillery, well the outside of at least. Several years ago
while at the Highland Park Distillery in Kirkwall (review coming soon) I met an elderly retired gentleman who gave me a
post tour of the Scapa distillery, the peat fields and the beautiful countryside around Kirkwall, nice person!

I just rently tried a Pulteney and like it alot but my personal favorite and 1 of my top 3 all time favs is Highland Park that I
have some very nice selections of, included are:

18 yr old Cadenhead '77 caskstrength
19 yr old Scott's Selection '85 caskstrength
21 yr old Bicentenary OB
24 yr old Signatory '77 caskstrength
32 yr old D & M (Aficionados' Club bottling) '73 43% unchillfiltered

Cheers!
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Scapa yet but I've seen the distillery, well the outside of at least. Several years ago
while at the Highland Park Distillery in Kirkwall (review coming soon) I met an elderly retired gentleman who gave me a
post tour of the Scapa distillery, the peat fields and the beautiful countryside around Kirkwall, nice person!

I just rently tried a Pulteney and like it alot but my personal favorite and 1 of my top 3 all time favs is Highland Park that I
have some very nice selections of, included are:

18 yr old Cadenhead '77 caskstrength
19 yr old Scott's Selection '85 caskstrength
21 yr old Bicentenary OB
24 yr old Signatory '77 caskstrength
32 yr old D & M (Aficionados' Club bottling) '73 43% unchillfiltered

Cheers!

very impressed with your highland park selection wave, any reviews of the above on the way Question as i will look forward with interest if they are :D

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Scapa Website Reply with quote

Old Faithful wrote:

www.scapamalt.com

Good little website, full of info on how the distillery is being renovated. The 14 yr expression seems to be the only whisky they are selling at the moment, but the site says they're gonna be releasing other whiskies next year. Can't wait personally, I think Scapa is a lovely little whisky, but I am fond of the coastal whiskies, such as this & Old Pultney :D

just had a look at the website and registered, the 14 yo was out of stock which was a shame, i was just thinking of buying a bottle Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bottle from, I think, oddbins for about £28 in Edinburgh in Septemnber, but have seen it in The Whisky Shop.com in York a couple of weeks ago for about the same price. It's not the easiest of whiskies to find, but definately worth it, I'm a bit surprised the distillery's out of stock Confused
Wave
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fairly easy to find here, Binny's in Chicago sells the 12 & 14yr Scapa for $34.99 (£19.87) a bottle.

Cheers!!
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:
It's fairly easy to find here, Binny's in Chicago sells the 12 & 14yr Scapa for $34.99 (£19.87) a bottle.

Cheers!!

That's were it's all going Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave wrote:

Cheers!!

14yo was £26.99 on their website so great prices for a great malt.

going into the hogshead tomorrow and they have it in on the optic so will be having a few after work Smile

Whisky and Beer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Scapa Website Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Old Faithful wrote:

www.scapamalt.com

just had a look at the website and registered, the 14 yo was out of stock which was a shame, i was just thinking of buying a bottle Sad

I love Scapa especially the new 14 year old. Has some of the same influences as Pulteney and not quite as full as Highland Park. Having said that I find all the far north whiskies most enjoyable but I may be biased as they are my local brews
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Scapa Website Reply with quote

Whisky and Beer wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Old Faithful wrote:

www.scapamalt.com

I love Scapa especially the new 14 year old. Has some of the same influences as Pulteney and not quite as full as Highland Park. Having said that I find all the far north whiskies most enjoyable but I may be biased as they are my local brews

Laughing Laughing Laughing I would be biased also if I lived in that lovely part of the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: