Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Kong
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
They brought a female giant ape as a "voluntary" heart donor. What it means, they kill a giant ape to save another. In Spain, in these cases, we said that "this is to dress a saint to undress other one". Laughing

"VOLUNTARY" Laughing Laughing where did they find this other ape? Laughing I think this movie is unknown for a lot of reasons Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing As IMDb sais "A giant ape King Kong, which was shot and fell off the World Trade Center, appears to be alive, but is in coma for 10 years and desperately needs a blood transfusion in order to have an artificial heart implanted. Suddenly, in the rainforest, another gigantic ape is found - this time a female. She is brought to the USA, and the heart is successfully implanted. But then King Kong, having felt a female ape, breaks loose..." Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't remember very much of this film, probably I only saw a couple of scenes, but I change my vote, the best King Kong film must be this one!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
But then King Kong, having felt a female ape, breaks loose...
That could mean so many things Laughing Laughing Embarassed

King Kong suffers what many other male creatures when they reach certain age... Wink It seems that King Kong "explode" too much soon... Laughing Laughing Laughing So the female ape, angry (and "hungry"?), came back to the rainy forest...
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the film last night - & it wa excellent!! :D :D :D :D From the 30's style opening credits & B-movie film score I knew it was gonna be a good film! It certainly catches the style just right, & is very true to the 1930's original. Jack Black was brilliant, as the deluded washed up movie producer. He starts off as quite a comic character, but by the end has turned into the baddie of the piece. The effects where amazing, & Kong is very believable. Peter Jackson showed his horror background with the monsters on Skull Island, with some horrible giant insects, which included cockroaches, spiders, draggonfly, & millipeads. The bit where the "heros" get attacked by them was horrific (for me anyway as I hate bugs!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ) The only critisism I would have is that the film takes ages to get to the Island (which is no bad thing in a way as it builds the tension brilliantly). Also once Kong has been subdued the next sceen has him caged in New York. I think it could have used a bit of exposition here, as some of the caracters are never seen again, & the main romantic pair have (apparently) split up, with no explanation of what went wrong!! Confused Confused
But this is only a minor grip!! If you can get to a Cinema SEE THIS FILM THERE!! I can't think of a film more suited to a "big" screen than this! I'm scared of heights (as well as insects!! Laughing Laughing ), & the climax of the film gave me vertigo!! Shocked Shocked
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent review, Old Faithful!
You have increased my interest!
I hate bugs too, especially since "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" when he and the boy come across "toasted bread"... Laughing Laughing
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Fernando! :D Yeah, think Indiana Jones's bugs, then multiply it by a factor of 10!! They're horrible Shocked Shocked , but don't let that put you off seeing it! :D
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Faithful wrote:
Cheers for that Fernando! :D Yeah, think Indiana Jones's bugs, then multiply it by a factor of 10!! They're horrible Shocked Shocked , but don't let that put you off seeing it! :D

Shocked
I'm not affraid!
Well, not much affraid...
Er... well, not very much affraid...
...just a little...
Christ! I'll never go to cinema!!! Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Serious: I have a problem with little bugs, what can get into your clothes and run over your skin...AGH! Big ones, and SO big ones, don't scare me (the king kong's bugs are related to Starship Trooper's ones? Laughing ), at least don't scare me so much as tiny ones...
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Old Faithful wrote:

Shocked
I'm not affraid!
Well, not much affraid...
Er... well, not very much affraid...
...just a little...
Christ! I'll never go to cinema!!! Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Serious: I have a problem with little bugs, what can get into your clothes and run over your skin...AGH! Big ones, and SO big ones, don't scare me (the king kong's bugs are related to Starship Trooper's ones? Laughing ), at least don't scare me so much as tiny ones...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally went to the cinema yesterday night to see King Kong.
It's a good film, a bit long but you don't notice that untill the end (in that moment you say "For God's shake, down that monkey NOW!", Laughing ).

What I most enjoyed were the natives (scary as hell) and THE BUGS! Oh, my God, the bugs!!! I would made the whole film about those bugs... Specially the ones like worms with tooth that live in the mud... HORRIBLE!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

The natives are gorgeous, but they make us augh during the ritual, when they are calling Kong to come out and play with the blonde girl. They are playing music with trees like "Mayumaná" (the alternative music band). We thought, poor Kong, quite in his lovely jungle and every night these hated natives disturbing him with his terrible sense of rithm... Laughing

The fight against the pack of T-Rex was a bit tedious. And it's hilarious to see those huge dinosaurs fighting to eat a small piece of blonde hair...

The "Jurassic San Fermin" is SO HILARIOUS... They have changed bulls into brontosaurus... Who could imagine that this fatty director (just like O. Wells) could run as fast as a 300 feet dinosaur while hanging an antique camera with its tripod? This scene ashamed me a bit...

And the hunt of Kong? With 4 guys in each rope? For God shake, Kong have just defeated every T-Rex in the island and now 8 drunk sailors could hunt him?

And how the get to New York with the animal? Aboard that little vessel? And how? Breaking every fifty miles a bottle of cloroform on his nose? Did they crose the Panamá Channel with Kong dragged by the ship? I expected that Jackson haven't used the ellipsis as ever...

Well, a good film to enjoy an afternoon but not a great film.
:D
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
It's a good film, a bit long but you don't notice that untill the end (in that moment you say "For God's shake, down that monkey NOW!", Laughing ).

What I most enjoyed were the natives (scary as hell) and THE BUGS! Oh, my God, the bugs!!! I would made the whole film about those bugs... Specially the ones like worms with tooth that live in the mud... HORRIBLE!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

The natives are gorgeous, but they make us augh during the ritual, when they are calling Kong to come out and play with the blonde girl. They are playing music with trees like "Mayumaná" (the alternative music band). We thought, poor Kong, quite in his lovely jungle and every night these hated natives disturbing him with his terrible sense of rithm... Laughing

The fight against the pack of T-Rex was a bit tedious. And it's hilarious to see those huge dinosaurs fighting to eat a small piece of blonde hair...

The "Jurassic San Fermin" is SO HILARIOUS... They have changed bulls into brontosaurus... Who could imagine that this fatty director (just like O. Wells) could run as fast as a 300 feet dinosaur while hanging an antique camera with its tripod? This scene ashamed me a bit...

And the hunt of Kong? With 4 guys in each rope? For God shake, Kong have just defeated every T-Rex in the island and now 8 drunk sailors could hunt him?

And how the get to New York with the animal? Aboard that little vessel? And how? Breaking every fifty miles a bottle of cloroform on his nose? Did they crose the Panamá Channel with Kong dragged by the ship? I expected that Jackson haven't used the ellipsis as ever...

I've seen this twice now, & yeah it is too long, & the t-rex bit could do to loose a couple of minutes, & the bit that annoyed me the most was the cut straight to New York after the capture of Kong. It left so many characters up in the air, & never explained what happened to split Ann, & Jack up?? scratch
But that all said it's still a film I'd buy, & watch again. I love a good "popcorn" movie, & this is one of the best - lets be honnest, a story where a giant monkey goes on the rempage is never gonna win prizes for seriousness!! Laughing Laughing
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Faithful wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:

I've seen this twice now, & yeah it is too long, & the t-rex bit could do to loose a couple of minutes, & the bit that annoyed me the most was the cut straight to New York after the capture of Kong. It left so many characters up in the air, & never explained what happened to split Ann, & Jack up?? scratch
But that all said it's still a film I'd buy, & watch again. I love a good "popcorn" movie, & this is one of the best - lets be honnest, a story where a giant monkey goes on the rempage is never gonna win prizes for seriousness!! Laughing Laughing

Yeah, you are right. I ate tons of popcorn! Laughing Laughing Laughing
But, another question: why Kong fight against bats? They are his neighbours. They live in the same place where Kong lives during years. Why they fight now? The girl? No. While fighting with the T-Rex Kong have in his hand the girl in irder to avoid she dies in the jaws of a T-Rex. Why he leave the girl on the floor and alone? Because the bats don't try to attack her. But there is the man who try to "kidnapp" his "wife". Why Kong leave alone the girl? Because the writters can't imagine anything better... The bit with the bat as a parachute is good, of course.
The best: the bugs!

About Jackson movie: http://www.kingkongmovie.com/

About Kong in general: http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Kong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Film All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: