Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome mmullins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Welcome mmullins Reply with quote

Welcome Matthew Very Happy Are you the guy who wrote the article on Glenmorangie that we posted the link for this morning Question Nice article Very Happy
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Whisky Room also known as Whisky Drinkers Anonymous Laughing
mmullins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the same Matthew. Thanks for the warm welcome. I come from the heart of bourbon country, have a Scotch-Irish heritage, and a few bootleggers in the family tree. I've spent the last couple of years living in the Ozark Mountains. (Where Glenmorangie gets its oak staves.) I'll be returning to Kentucky at the end of the month. We like to say it's the home of fine spirits, beautiful horses, and fast women. I still like the occasional drop of Makers Mark bourbon, but I've graduated to primarily drinking single-malt whiskies. One of the things I love about scotch that is lacking in bourbon is the great variety in character to be found. I don't yet have a favorite, but I find that I'm very fond of the products of Highland distilleries. In addition to whisky I keep a decent selection of wines, enjoy the occasional craft beer, and love the box press Padron 1964 Anniversary Series with a natural wrapper. All this is a real financial burden for a PhD student in philosophy. Fortunately my wife has a good job!

Thanks talisker25 for the invite!
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmullins wrote:
I am the same Matthew. Thanks for the warm welcome. I come from the heart of bourbon country, have a Scotch-Irish heritage, and a few bootleggers in the family tree. I've spent the last couple of years living in the Ozark Mountains. (Where Glenmorangie gets its oak staves.) I'll be returning to Kentucky at the end of the month. We like to say it's the home of fine spirits, beautiful horses, and fast women. I still like the occasional drop of Makers Mark bourbon, but I've graduated to primarily drinking single-malt whiskies. One of the things I love about scotch that is lacking in bourbon is the great variety in character to be found. I don't yet have a favorite, but I find that I'm very fond of the products of Highland distilleries. In addition to whisky I keep a decent selection of wines, enjoy the occasional craft beer, and love the box press Padron 1964 Anniversary Series with a natural wrapper. All this is a real financial burden for a PhD student in philosophy. Fortunately my wife has a good job!

Thanks talisker25 for the invite!

heloo matthew and thanks for joining us and hope you enjoy your stay, we a review of the gelnmorangie as good as that mind, we expect some quality Laughing Laughing

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cigars and craft beers with single malts, excellent taste. Wine unfortunately and me have never got along or it would of been another obsession to add to my portfolio Laughing Cigars have been virtually dropped as well with the birth of my daughter last year but luckily whisky and beer and still firm favourites Wink
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Matthew Very Happy
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Whiskyroom mmullins!! Beer Beer

Not a beer drinker myself, but love single malt whisky, bourbon, wine, & yea olde cider!! Beer Beer Beer
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Beer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> New Members / Ask a question? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: