Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It is nearly time for Port season to officially begin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
porto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: It is nearly time for Port season to officially begin Reply with quote

Dear Friends of Port Wine,

It is nearly time for Port season to officially begin, which for me is normally on October 1st of each year. The kids are back in school, summer fades to autumn and there is a nice cool chill in the air. The beginning of Port season is always an exciting time and I typically celebrate by opening up a special bottle of Vintage Port. I have yet to decide what special bottle to open up.

This year, there is going to be a much more exceptional celebration to welcome in the Port season. It will be my first visit to "the land of my roots" whilst during the harvest. I feel most fortunate, as this will be my 3rd visit to Portugal in the past 12 months and I can't wait to get back there. It is very exciting to be able to share my first harvest experience with our guests from the USA and UK, many of whom have never been to Portugal before. The thought of being in the Douro, picking grapes and stomping on them in a granite lagar, is literally going to be a dream come true.

October's FTLOP issue details one of the most intriguing Port tastings I have attended in a long time and that is saying a lot. Earlier this year, I enjoyed some Southern hospitality while visiting some online friends in Atlanta and took part in the finest Port tasting event I've attended this year. As you will see, the lineup of old and rare Colheitas & Vintage Ports was truly magnificent and the friends I met there, made me feel right at home. A full report follows, along with flavor filled tasting notes.

Also in this issue: a new tradition is born, as two FTLOP newsletter recipients and Forum "regulars" who I met last year in the UK, have submitted an article for inclusion in this month's newsletter. All I can say is that I am very pleased to present their account to you and I am sure you'll enjoy their style and tasting notes! I hope this starts a trend, as it would be wonderful to feature articles sent in by friends of FTLOP.

Last but certainly not least, FTLOP brings an exciting exclusive offer to our Port loving friends. Nine months in the making, Atlanta-based artist Suzanne Hughes Sullivan has created two hand painted glicee Port masterpieces, (depicted in photos below) from bottles in my humble Port museum. This is an exclusive, one time offering directly with the artist and solely for FTLOP members, and would make a great holiday gift for anyone with a love for either Vintage Port or Colheitas. These will not be sold anywhere else in the world, although Suzanne will ship them to our Port loving friends across the globe.

I hope you will all open up a great bottle or two this month and welcome in the 2006-2007 Port season.

Read the entire October newsletter and particiapte in our interactive Port forum at:

http://www.fortheloveofport.com

Thanks for your continued support!

Roy
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its already begun in my house Laughing Laughing Laughing Beer Beer

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:

It never quite ended in Johnny's!! Shocked .................................... Wink Laughing Laughing
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Faithful wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

It never quite ended in Johnny's!! Shocked .................................... Wink Laughing Laughing

By my big red nose I'll have to agree Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Port All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: