Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whiskyroom website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Whiskyroom website Reply with quote

I'm thinking of deleting the whiskyroom website as I don't have time to update it with all my family commitments etc, so if you see it disappear one day I have warned you. The forum is free so will always stay. If there is anything anyone wants off the website keeping I can transfer bits to a blog but I think Google is so good at finding all the distilleries information that the original intent of providing information on all the distilleries isn't as needed.
Black Beer
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a shame after all these years but it is hard to keep websites updated with so many revamps to existing sites and new distilleries online or offline.

Have you seen if there is any interest in someone else taking over the site?
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With blogs and forums being free in the main unless you are making a worthwhile income from the site you may as well just keep the forum going. The whisky links page was good as you could go to one page for a link to all distilleries but I imagine that other websites must offer the same links to at least the well known distilleries. How long has the site been going for?
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don;t think there would be any interest from anyone else though not sure if the name might appeal to someone as it is used quite often but there can only be one www.whiskyroom.co.uk so be only useful to a UK based company.

I'm not rushing into the decision but just throwing it out there in case people wonder why it's not as updated as it once was or suddenly disappears one day Laughing It did have a lot of work carried out on the look recently and figures for it's use are a s high as ever.
Alex 56
Superior Blend
Superior Blend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the site will remain even if you give up on it for so long as long as your web provider doesn't delete the files. I'm always finding old websites that haven't been updated for years and don't look as if they've been owned by anyone for that time.
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will depend on my provider whether they will delete all the files but at the moment I've just being doing some work for someone else so may be here a bit longer yet, maybe Confused Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: