Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Graham Ltd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Robert Graham Ltd Reply with quote

Robert Graham Ltd are running are a great competition at the moment. Review there products and be in with a chance of winning a bottle of single malt whisky. I would like to cite impartiality but you may notice a certain name on one of the reviews? Laughing

http://www.whisky-cigars.co.uk
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I visited one of there shops in Scotland. Really friendly as I remember . So we're looking out for your review, any clues? Shocked

Time to get out my whisky notes Laughing
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Laura at Robert Graham Ltd, received the bottle of Springbank today for the review competition i entered.

Old Faithful (Marcus) and me will be trying some this weekend, at 100% proof we should see a little of the evening!!! Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi johnny...send me directions and i will be down by saturday :D teatime

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Decided to try another whisky but have quite a few open at the moment, plus a few SMWS bottlings. How are you at climbing ladders? Only a two up two down house here in a former industrial part of town. We were thinking of lunch at Weatherspoons and then a whisky tasting in the loft, hence the ladders, completely vertical. Only one 18 year old dog to circumnavigate as well. Could be Saturday or Sunday but could confirm today around lunch time. :D Maybe my last one as child imminent, as due 25th, but your more than welcome to join us.
Gurka
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky and cigars are why we people meet up. I know I've met up with rich guys in fancy cars and blue collar workers but we've always had a really good time. Enjoying other people with a shared passion is the most important part. If you think of those people who go to Cuba to smoke cigars and visit the houses of the workers that are really run down, but these are the people the enthusiasts want to meet. I love the fact that something like whisky and cigars can bring people together without being too snobby. Just sharing a drink and enjoying conversation about your favourite bottle etc. :D

If I was in the england I'd be there Johnny, enjoy and I'll buy a bottle of single malt, maybe an Islay to drink at the same time. :D
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Thanks to Laura at Robert Graham Ltd, received the bottle of Springbank today for the review competition i entered.

Old Faithful (Marcus) and me will be trying some this weekend, at 100% proof we should see a little of the evening!!! Laughing

How was the evening?
FraGil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurka wrote:
I love the fact that something like whisky and cigars can bring people together without being too snobby. Just sharing a drink and enjoying conversation about your favourite bottle etc.

Here here, just a pity the Scottish Executive are bringing in a ban on smoking in the work place next year as that covers ANYWHERE you might want to go for a drink/smoke other than your own home

I've been a judge for the last two years in the first stages of Whisky Magazine's Whisky & Cigar Challenge and from next year its going to get very difficult to find a venue that will accommodate the judging panel (and as much as I would like to I can only invite so many people back to mine!)

Nominated as Retailer of the Year in Whisky Magazine's Icons of Whisky Awards 2005

www.whisky-cigars.com
Dollarcigars
Superior Blend
Superior Blend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FraGil wrote:
Gurka wrote:
I love the fact that something like whisky and cigars can bring people together without being too snobby. Just sharing a drink and enjoying conversation about your favourite bottle etc.

Here here, just a pity the Scottish Executive are bringing in a ban on smoking in the work place next year as that covers ANYWHERE you might want to go for a drink/smoke other than your own home

I've been a judge for the last two years in the first stages of Whisky Magazine's Whisky & Cigar Challenge and from next year its going to get very difficult to find a venue that will accommodate the judging panel (and as much as I would like to I can only invite so many people back to mine!)

Will you be allowed to use the SMWS rooms?
FraGil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as long as they employ a cleaner!! And it doesn't matter if he/she isn't there when we are smoking, the very fact that it is someone's place of work means nobody can smoke there EVER

At least in England they are considering only applying it to areas where food is served but in Scotland it is a total ban in the workplace. Oh, that is unless you work on an oil rig, are a convicted criminal or are in hospital because in those instances its OK legally to smoke!

I'm just going to have to get myself arrested every Friday night so that I can puff away to my hearts content in the jail over the weekend

Nominated as Retailer of the Year in Whisky Magazine's Icons of Whisky Awards 2005

www.whisky-cigars.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: