Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glenturret changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Glenturret changes Reply with quote

Please help keep the whisky links updated, if ever so often users of the forum can click on a few whisky links and see if our links are working that would be brilliant.

This goes to show changes since the whisky room started in March 2005. Clicked on the Glenturret link whcih was glenturret.com, wow that sounds old, now its FamousGrouse.co.uk so I've gone with another link which gives more info on the actual distillery rather than a plug for a blend. :D
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenturret changes Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Please help keep the whisky links updated, if ever so often users of the forum can click on a few whisky links and see if our links are working that would be brilliant.

This goes to show changes since the whisky room started in March 2005. Clicked on the Glenturret link whcih was glenturret.com, wow that sounds old, now its FamousGrouse.co.uk so I've gone with another link which gives more info on the actual distillery rather than a plug for a blend. :D

good Exclamation Exclamation

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whisky industry seems to be changing hands all the time at the moment. I believe Laphroaig may of gone to French owned hands which is exactly were Glenturret was a few years ago.

I just hope the whisky flavour doesn't suffer as once that little bit of history is gone it is hard to replace. History can also be flavours, the MSG of Monster Munch in the 70's, taste of Tootie Fruites and spangles. The smell of Birds custard powder and Angel Whip etc all bring back childhood memories. In patients with memory loss aromas and tastes are very powerful stimuli in rembering a past event. If one is doing an exam, revise with some aroma around and then make sure you put a bit on the back of your hand to sniff while doing the exam. How many times have you gone on a summer evening walk and some smell in the air takes you back to your childhood. i don't want to be an old man saying whisky was better in my day, i want my whisky leaving alone. Stop playing with it, stop jumbling it around and releasing it in Sardine barrel flavour etc. angry4 blah5 blah5 blah5
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Question Question have you got memory loss erm, let me see, oh yes erik Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the rant. hot day and alcohol Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

understandable Razz

Old Faithful
Aged Maltster
Aged Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik the Viking wrote:
The whisky industry seems to be changing hands all the time at the moment. I believe Laphroaig may of gone to French owned hands which is exactly were Glenturret was a few years ago.

I just hope the whisky flavour doesn't suffer as once that little bit of history is gone it is hard to replace. History can also be flavours, the MSG of Monster Munch in the 70's, taste of Tootie Fruites and spangles. The smell of Birds custard powder and Angel Whip etc all bring back childhood memories. In patients with memory loss aromas and tastes are very powerful stimuli in rembering a past event. If one is doing an exam, revise with some aroma around and then make sure you put a bit on the back of your hand to sniff while doing the exam. How many times have you gone on a summer evening walk and some smell in the air takes you back to your childhood. i don't want to be an old man saying whisky was better in my day, i want my whisky leaving alone. Stop playing with it, stop jumbling it around and releasing it in Sardine barrel flavour etc. angry4 blah5 blah5 blah5

When the whisky boom was on and Campbeltown had quite a few distilleries some of them to cheapen the cost started using fish barrels to mature or at least deliver the whisky in. No wonder there's just Springbank and its sister distillery left. I believe there'll soon be a new one though so Sardine barreled whisky might be back on the menu Laughing
Mad Dog
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik the Viking wrote:
Sorry for the rant. hot day and alcohol Laughing

Today even worse for heat Embarassed Everything changes, just not always for the better Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: