Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to the serious stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to the serious stuff Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
I thought it was about time we got back to whisky. I am going north of the border shortly and heading for Skye, on my way their and on my way back (not to mention whilst I am there) I intend to sample a few drams and ales so hopefully, on my return their will be a few tastings listed Beer

Greetings from a hotel room in Perth, just landed from a very sunny and warmish week on Skye and not a drop or rain, so far Mrs T and i have been to Talisker Distillery, The Gaelic Whisky Company at Isle Ornsay (on Skye) Dalwhinnie and Edradour. We are having an overnight stop and will be visiting Tullibardine tomorrow. Have also sampled some good ales from the Atlas Brewery and The Cuillin Brewery. Notes to follow.

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful tour / manoeuvres, love Edradour with the free tour and tasting and the great tour guides we had when visiting plus the Moulin brewery near by.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat Reak wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful tour / manoeuvres, love Edradour with the free tour and tasting and the great tour guides we had when visiting plus the Moulin brewery near by.

Many years ago, Mrs T and I used to stay at the Moulin Inn not long after the micro brewery opened. The beer in the bar was top class (it only had to travel from the shed out the back) as you would expect. The problem was that the ceiling in the bar was 6'3inches high and I am 6'6 inches tall so the solution was to get falling down drunk as quick as possible LOL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:

Many years ago, Mrs T and I used to stay at the Moulin Inn not long after the micro brewery opened. The beer in the bar was top class (it only had to travel from the shed out the back) as you would expect. The problem was that the ceiling in the bar was 6'3inches high and I am 6'6 inches tall so the solution was to get falling down drunk as quick as possible LOL

Laughing Laughing Laughing We tried to have food there but so popular it was impossible to get a table so just stayed for a drink or two.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:

So when people ask hows your head the next morning it usually because you've hit it rather than filled it Laughing Laughing Laughing My dad was quite tall and always took us on cottage holidays where he constantly hit his head and the best one was an underground cavern where all we heard was my dad trying not to swear!!!!
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother is 6 foot 4 inches and he owned this house before us with a very small Victorian door in the front room that is only about 6 foot 1inch tall, he's cracked his head on that a few times!!
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
My brother is 6 foot 4 inches and he owned this house before us with a very small Victorian door in the front room that is only about 6 foot 1inch tall, he's cracked his head on that a few times!!

Mrs T likes to visit the odd castle in Scotland and boy are the ceilings and doors low. I normally walk with a stoop for a couple of days after visiting a few Laughing

Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stirling Castle has some very low bits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: