Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Big Sell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Richard P. wrote:
Sorry to hear that Talisker, I seem to remember you posting something about not being on the board for a while. When do you come off the crutches?

Not sure, its my second major op in 3 years, I suppose i'm jusy knackerd Laughing Laughing Have been of work for 5 months, (on full pay) its great working for a local authority. Going back at the end of September though.

Sorry to hear that Talisker. A freind had back problems and was laid up for months and she also worked for the local authority thank god. Luckily the pain went after around 6 months but they never did find out what she had wrong so pot luck weather it comes back again.

I get a feeling this is my last chance and if I need another op, I may not be able to walk again. I am trying to get early retirement with my pension to make things easier.

Would it be easy to get early retirement form the council at this time?
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard P. wrote:
I know what you mean Peat Reak about the pain killers but never sure weather your body just gets use to them over time. I know a few builders who do yoga but it's never appealed to me, not sure how I would get the glass to my mouth in some of those positions Shocked

I just don't like pain killers, take it from me you just end up constipated. Hope to be starting physio soon and on then to pilates Surprised

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you don't get the young physios as they seem preoccupied with sports injuries. Pilates, will that mean Madonna DVD's for Christmas?
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard P. wrote:
Hope you don't get the young physios as they seem preoccupied with sports injuries. Pilates, will that mean Madonna DVD's for Christmas?

P*** OFF

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="talisker25
I just don't like pain killers, take it from me you just end up constipated. [/quote]

Is that the morphine based pain killers? I had some of those and they made me fall asleep constantly and gave me night sweats, horrible things but did deaden the pain but didn't help heal anything.
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Richard P. wrote:

P*** OFF

Laughing Laughing Laughing I take it not then.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat Reak wrote:
[quote="talisker25
I just don't like pain killers, take it from me you just end up constipated.

Is that the morphine based pain killers? I had some of those and they made me fall asleep constantly and gave me night sweats, horrible things but did deaden the pain but didn't help heal anything.[/quote]
I made the mistake of having a glass of whisky to wash some of those down, wow!!what a trip Shocked Shocked

Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:
[quote="talisker25

Is that the morphine based pain killers? I had some of those and they made me fall asleep constantly and gave me night sweats, horrible things but did deaden the pain but didn't help heal anything.

I made the mistake of having a glass of whisky to wash some of those down, wow!!what a trip Shocked Shocked[/quote]

I remember the codine and morphine you used to buy but not sure if that was to block you or not?
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:
[quote="talisker25

I made the mistake of having a glass of whisky to wash some of those down, wow!!what a trip Shocked Shocked[/quote]

Incredibly strong and I think I took them for 3 weeks before I finally stopped taking them. I probably had a few drinks while I was on them but was so zonked out all the time was like tripping. Took about 3 days after to feel clear of them, never again.
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard P. wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:
[quote="talisker25

I made the mistake of having a glass of whisky to wash some of those down, wow!!what a trip Shocked Shocked

I remember the codine and morphine you used to buy but not sure if that was to block you or not?[/quote]

Was that the pink stuff or I'm thinking of what you put on sunburn and chickenpox?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: