Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get a new drinking buddy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Get a new drinking buddy Reply with quote

You know how it is you've been drinking for years, you find the occasional new decent beer, a bottle of single malt that's still affordable but somehow it doesn't inspire you as it once did.

Cure: New drinking buddy

Started drinking with a new friend out for a few pints with a whisky at the end. Then tried some of his malt which he still had since Xmas. Whisky enthusiast took over, 'try smelling it with water and tasting the difference'. Next thing I know he's buying miniature selection packs, single malts and real ales like there's no tomorrow. The whisky from Xmas was gone in two weeks when he found out he was actually allowed to enjoy the flavour of the malt!!
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my drinking partners are only good for Christmas drinks Sad I'll have to start a lonely hearts drinking site to get new drinking companions Beer
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat Reak wrote:
Most of my drinking partners are only good for Christmas drinks Sad I'll have to start a lonely hearts drinking site to get new drinking companions Beer

You get to a certain age your address book starts getting a lot of crossing outs Sad
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stim wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:

You get to a certain age your address book starts getting a lot of crossing outs Sad

crossed out, mine went in the bin Laughing

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Stim wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Mine is full of crossing outs from the amount of times people have moved over the years and from people I don't know if they are even walking, let alone to the pub Beer

Nice to see you posting Talisker, hope all is well with your retirement and Mrs.T Very Happy
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Stim wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Mine is full of crossing outs from the amount of times people have moved over the years and from people I don't know if they are even walking, let alone to the pub Beer

Nice to see you posting Talisker, hope all is well with your retirement and Mrs.T Very Happy

Hopefully, illness is behind me now, retirement is great, always wanted to retire at 60, only a year out. Mrs T is keeping me busy and have decorated the bathroom and bedroom. Had a couple of short breaks though and we are also going to Stratford on Avon and Edinburgh in June so making the most of not working. I was going to find a PT job but not bothering now as financially sound, at the moment.!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you are well and getting around the country.

My dads only retirement plan was to find a part time job but he had literally no hobbies, but a love hate relationship with chess, which I'm now trying to teach to my 5 year old Confused
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:

My dads only retirement plan was to find a part time job but he had literally no hobbies, but a love hate relationship with chess, which I'm now trying to teach to my 5 year old Confused

Love chess...just can't play Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Love chess...just can't play Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Same here, love hearing chess stories on the news but a five year old would beat me hands down Sad
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you on the mend Talisker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: