Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARDBEG SERENDIPITY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Tasting Notes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: ARDBEG SERENDIPITY Reply with quote

noun: the occurence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way, serendipity
before i go any further can i just say, that as an 'accident' it is an accident that was heaven sent and if ardbeg do not have this type of 'accident' again it will be a big mistake

the nose it light and almost flowery with gentle iodine aromas and just a hint of the sea. not what you would expect from a big bruiser like ardbeg
it has slightly oily saltyness and is tangy and peppery on the tongue with honey and buttery, butterscotch notes and is very complex.
it has some bitter sweetness to start but has a dry finnish which is not to long but does the trick.

i know that the glenmoray (which comes through well) is 12 yo and the ardbeg is older, but how much because it has non of the powerfull sharpness of a young ardbeg, could it be about 18 yo?

i would not say that it is the best i have ever had but but is excellent and, as a vatted malt it beats many singles and is worth having a few available. i know that i wil be hotfooting to oddbins again at the weekend to get a couple more 'just in case the stock runs out' Razz :D :D :D

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ARDBEG SERENDIPITY Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
noun: the occurence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way, serendipity
before i go any further can i just say, that as an 'accident' it is an accident that was heaven sent and if ardbeg do not have this type of 'accident' again it will be a big mistake

the nose it light and almost flowery with gentle iodine aromas and just a hint of the sea. not what you would expect from a big bruiser like ardbeg
it has slightly oily saltyness and is tangy and peppery on the tongue with honey and buttery, butterscotch notes and is very complex.
it has some bitter sweetness to start but has a dry finnish which is not to long but does the trick.

i know that the glenmoray (which comes through well) is 12 yo and the ardbeg is older, but how much because it has non of the powerfull sharpness of a young ardbeg, could it be about 18 yo?

i would not say that it is the best i have ever had but but is excellent and, as a vatted malt it beats many singles and is worth having a few available. i know that i wil be hotfooting to oddbins again at the weekend to get a couple more 'just in case the stock runs out' Razz :D :D :D

I saw some back tracking in some of those statements just to put the rest of us off so you can buy them all :D
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one to try Razz
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ARDBEG SERENDIPITY Reply with quote

El Diablo wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

I saw some back tracking in some of those statements just to put the rest of us off so you can buy them all :D

backtracking, me, no never Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great whisky, I mean horrible, don't anyone else buy it, so where did you get it again :D
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Sounds like a great whisky, I mean horrible, don't anyone else buy it, so where did you get it again :D

oddbins but i think they have sold out Laughing Wink Laughing

talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am pleased to say, that my wife has been away for a few days and brought me a bottle of this back as a gift, heaven knows how much its going to cost me. Confused Confused Confused

Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
i am pleased to say, that my wife has been away for a few days and brought me a bottle of this back as a gift, heaven knows how much its going to cost me. Confused Confused Confused

Your family are just stocking up, then your going to flood the market in ten years time, you evil mastermind Twisted Evil You sure you don't work for Diageo or Hiram Walker or one of the other big boys? Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

Your family are just stocking up, then your going to flood the market in ten years time, you evil mastermind Twisted Evil You sure you don't work for Diageo or Hiram Walker or one of the other big boys? Laughing

no but i do sell the odd bottle on ebay, but not this at the moment, as you say, in a few years time. i still have a couple of bottles of glenmorange milennium malt bought at £20, one went on ebay last week for £90 so its worth keeping a little longer Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Iain
Superior Blend
Superior Blend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to try this at the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre on a recent pub crawl. Very nice and very drinkable. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Tasting Notes All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: