Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABERFELDY 15 years 43%
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: ABERFELDY 15 years 43% Reply with quote

Strong Yorkshire mixture nose, very strong taste, some creaminess, nice quality whisky with strong flavours.

7 to 8 out of 10
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its a good malt and drinkabel at any time, i still have a bottle i bought in 1991 and back then it came in a wooden box and the disillery visitors center was a hut, now its a fantastic interactive venue and well worth a visit Very Happy

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Aberfeldy the highest distillery in Scotland or have I got that wrong as usual. I know we did some distilleries years ago centred around Blair Athol disitllery. I believe if I'm right that Aberfeldy was some 25 miles north of it, we also had Edradour and Glenturret (which is now on my doorstep) on the itinery. I think this is an excellent wee trip as it's not as far as Speyside and you get a good mixture of malts.

Edradour is a beautiful distillery, I can't recall much of Aberfeldy except that I liked the whisky, can't remember if i drank it in a hut though Very Happy
El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close! It's another in your neck of the woods:

http://www.athollarmshotel.co.uk/local-area/perthshire-whisky.htm

Dalwhinnie
A visit to Dalwhinnie, at 1,073 feet above sea level the highest distillery in the land, is an opportunity to sample the ‘Gentle Spirit’ of the glen.

Here you can see the distillers at work, harnessing the snow fed waters of the Allt an t’ Sluic, fresh from their journey through moorland heather, producing a full-bodied malt with a surprisingly delicate taste. And as you savour your complimentary dram of Dalwhinnie, the Highland representative of the ‘classic malts’ range, you can also enjoy a panorama unchanged since the drovers of old paused to enjoy the view and the local malt.

You’ll find the doors of the distillery in the mountains open to visitors all year round with restricted hours in the snowy depths of the highland winter.
El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.athollarmshotel.co.uk/local-area/perthshire-whisky.htm

Dewars World of Whisky
A unique exhibition and interactive centre, virtually on our doorstep, celebrates the courageous entrepreneurial spirit of the Dewar family.

Explore the story behind the top selling whisky in the States for the last fifteen years, brought to life with fascinating displays and a range of games and challenges, including a touch-screen Medal Quest and electronic Blending Challenge, as well as a triple-screen video presentation and web site where visitors can send e-postcards to anywhere in the world. Rich historical archives, from original drawings for the famously creative advertising to a desk at which Robert Burns used to write.

Combine your visit with a tour of Aberfeldy Distillery, originally established in 1986. The distillery produces Aberfeldy Single Malt Scotch Whisky, one of the key ingredients in blending Dewar's White Label. The Dewar's Brand Store stocks a full range of whiskies from miniatures to limited edition single malts and a selection of memorabilia. Many gifts are exclusively available at Dewar's World of Whisky. Private VIP whisky tastings can also be arranged with the Centre Manager.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atholl arms hotel eh! stayed their a few times, and the moulin, still brewing the beer. happy days.
of course with dalwhinnie being the highest it gets a lot of snow, i can think of worse places to get snowed in.
back to aberfeldy. well! it wasnt exactly a hut it was stone built but it also passed for the office, look what they have now, fantastic along with the malt. sorry i live in england, roll on the holiday when i can get back to my spiritual home Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Talisker,

Nice pic of the brewery here but unfortunately you need to go to M for Moulin brewery and hotel.

I think anyone that's into whisky sees Scotland as their spiritual home, some just pray at the alter more than others Laughing

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi richard
thanks for that, nice pic and just as i remember. had many a bad head on the locar brew in the moulin bar, well i am blaming the beer but as i am 6.6 and the ceiling is about 5.10 i suppose i could have taken a few knocks Laughing

Richard P.
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to give us a tasting note on the beer in the real ale section.

Have you ever tried Banana Bread Beer? tongue8
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi richard
yes i have had babana beer, leave it to the monkeys cos i was not impressed. whats wrong with good traditional real ale!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: