Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday 31st Samplings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Dog
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Sunday 31st Samplings Reply with quote

Had a few glasses last night. Started off with the 10 year old Macallan then Lagavulin Distillers Edition and finished off with a 1987 Ardbeg that was extemely peated as expected but also a slighlty smokish sweetness.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday 31st Samplings Reply with quote

Mad Dog wrote:
Had a few glasses last night. Started off with the 10 year old Macallan then Lagavulin Distillers Edition and finished off with a 1987 Ardbeg that was extemely peated as expected but also a slighlty smokish sweetness.

sounds like a really good night and tasting session.
with all of that iodine and peat i bet you taste buds were shot, Laughing good job you started on the macallan :D :D
i had some friends around on saturday and we had ardbeg serendipity and aberlour a'bunadh and a few bottles of real ale, very good night it was :D :D

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mad Dog
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good evening, yours sounds really good as well. Did you start on the Aberlour? Very nice whisky.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Dog wrote:
Really good evening, yours sounds really good as well. Did you start on the Aberlour? Very nice whisky.

started on the ale, moved on to the wine (for the ladyeeees) and then the aberlour and finnished with the ardbeg crackin' night:D :D Rolling Eyes
'bout time we reserected the idea of a get together(convention) Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="talisker25"][quote="Mad Dog"]Really good evening, yours sounds really good as well. Did you start on the Aberlour? Very nice whisky.[/quote]
started on the ale, moved on to the wine (for the ladyeeees) and then the aberlour and finnished with the ardbeg crackin' night :D :D Rolling Eyes

Mad Dog
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="talisker25"]
talisker25 wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:

started on the ale, moved on to the wine (for the ladyeeees) and then the aberlour and finnished with the ardbeg crackin' night :D :D Rolling Eyes

I'm thinking of coming up to Hull for the beer festival in October or whenever and sometimes go around York. Not sure of York bars for whisky though. I'm in Kettering so a bit of a train journey to get up North but Yorks not to bad.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mad Dog"]
talisker25 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:

I'm thinking of coming up to Hull for the beer festival in October or whenever and sometimes go around York. Not sure of York bars for whisky though. I'm in Kettering so a bit of a train journey to get up North but Yorks not to bad.

i live about an hour from york and about 2 from hull

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can make York or Hull. York has great bars for real ale, but again i'm not sure of whisky places. I'm up for a pub crawl with a whisky thrown in when a good ones found in the pubs. Plenty of CAMRA members on this site can give us a pub guide to follow. Alan Canvess is the chairman of CAMRA for Hull so can always ask him on the beer section to post one out for Hull/York/Scarborough and surrounding area. I'll be at the beer festival in October but Scarborough and York are both nice places to bar hop.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a few friends over and started off with an OB Cragganmore, Oban and finished off with a Ben Nevis 26 Year Old single cask. Very limited edition and extrememly well matured. I prefer the 10 year old as this had a slightly too woody feeling but still an exceptional whisky that everyone really enjoyed. Oban I think was well received and the Cragganmore came out top as i think it's a maly everyone knows but don't drink often. It really came across well and we all ended finishing the night with a 'wee deoch an dorus' of the Cragganmore. brave
Iain
Superior Blend
Superior Blend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunnahabhain last night and a little red wine earlier in the evening. Bunnahabhain is really a lovely distinctive whisky that I wish was given as much prestiege as other whiskies. As has been said though there are so many whiskies to choose from nowadays that it takes people a long time to get back even to whiskies they enjoyed before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: