Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perthshire whisky Tour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

Just got back from Scotland. Will write in more detail at a later date but was able to get to Blair Athol, not a very good tour at all, very quick and at £4 not worth it!, nothing to spend the £3 voucher on they give you if you already collect whisky and very get you in and out tour. The next day we wandered around Glenturret and then onto Tullibardine which I can not say too many nice things about. The woman who showed us around was excellent and freindly in her delivery of the tour and facts. The £3 admision is all knocked off your purchases plus a free Tullibardine blenders malt glass! Lots of free whisky to try and an aamzing tour that both I and Old Faithful fully recommend though the distillery is very hard to find. Then onto Aberfeldy, filled up with a few whisky goodies and onto Edradour for a great free tour and free whisky to try. Wonderful one of a kind distillery and the cooling of the whisky is amazing as its outside and using the burn water. Very good guide again and lots of nice bottles in the shop as its nice owned by Signatory. Finsied with a drink at a real ale pub the Moulin and a trip around Bannockburn today on the way back. Kidneys still intact but we have raided many of the shops for some great whisky bargains and true whisky treats. :D
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an excellent drunken tour, send us some pics Johnny :D
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Just got back from Scotland. Will write in more detail at a later date but was able to get to Blair Athol, not a very good tour at all, very quick and at £4 not worth it!, nothing to spend the £3 voucher on they give you if you already collect whisky and very get you in and out tour. The next day we wandered around Glenturret and then onto Tullibardine which I can not say too many nice things about. The woman who showed us around was excellent and freindly in her delivery of the tour and facts. The £3 admision is all knocked off your purchases plus a free Tullibardine blenders malt glass! Lots of free whisky to try and an aamzing tour that both I and Old Faithful fully recommend though the distillery is very hard to find. Then onto Aberfeldy, filled up with a few whisky goodies and onto Edradour for a great free tour and free whisky to try. Wonderful one of a kind distillery and the cooling of the whisky is amazing as its outside and using the burn water. Very good guide again and lots of nice bottles in the shop as its nice owned by Signatory. Finsied with a drink at a real ale pub the Moulin and a trip around Bannockburn today on the way back. Kidneys still intact but we have raided many of the shops for some great whisky bargains and true whisky treats. :D

was the lady at tullibardine called christine because we were their on October 8th and it was fantastic, review to follow :D

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

was the lady at tullibardine called christine because we were their on October 8th and it was fantastic, review to follow :D

She probably was and she was absolutely excellent. Fantatic tour and we were there as it opened about 10 am, so just me and Old Faithful. What time did you get there?
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

She probably was and she was absolutely excellent. Fantatic tour and we were there as it opened about 10 am, so just me and Old Faithful. What time did you get there?

we arrived at about 10.45 and had some coffee then on the £3 tour, sampled 1993, marsala cask and john black's plus a taste of the whisky ale. for £75 the john black's was lovely and i just had to but a bottle. out tour lasted around an hour and we had to have some lunch before i felt ok to drive. all in all a great tour :D :D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We bought the 1993 I think. cost around £35 a bottle. We were the two men before you on the tour and we were in the store afterwards so probably saw each other and had our cars parked up next to each other. In the visitors book their was an entry by us both and mine had www.whiskyroom.co.uk next to it!! :D :D How terrible is that, have to have some whiskyroom.co.uk badges made for when people up at the same time.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
We bought the 1993 I think. cost around £35 a bottle. We were the two men before you on the tour and we were in the store afterwards so probably saw each other and had our cars parked up next to each other. In the visitors book their was an entry by us both and mine had www.whiskyroom.co.uk next to it!! :D :D How terrible is that, have to have some whiskyroom.co.uk badges made for when people up at the same time.

as we came into the tasting room, 2 people were leaving. it could have been you. you could'nt have missed me cos i am 6'6 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two blokes about mid 30's and that was us, and I do remember two people coming in to the tasting room as we were leaving. We had, or should I say I had, as Marcus (Old Faithful) was driving, tried quite a few of the whiskies icluding the Port finish which was lovely and one that was around £80 a bottle. She was very good, allowed us to try quite a few. Please if anyone is at a distillery and think they may get some benefit from saying they take part in the forum then please do, we did. We hope to give them quite a few good acknowledgements for their great care with their visitors and making it a great joy to look around. I have some wonderful pictures of the distillery Talisker if you want me to e-mail them to you?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:

How come this distillery got a bit of a thumbs down as well but no-ones questioned it? I think someone maybe a distillery insider in another section Wink
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Perthshire whisky Tour Reply with quote

Hendrix wrote:
Johnny wrote:

How come this distillery got a bit of a thumbs down as well but no-ones questioned it? I think someone maybe a distillery insider in another section Wink

the plot thickens, hendrix is on the case of the phantom distillery worker, or is he Question Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: