Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hull FC will tomorrow celebrate reaching the Challenge Cup
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Hull FC will tomorrow celebrate reaching the Challenge Cup Reply with quote

JOIN THE PARTY

Hull FC will tomorrow celebrate reaching the Challenge Cup final with an open-top bus tour and reception at Hull City Hall.

Everyone is being urged to line the streets in their thousands and pack Queen Victoria Square to cheer Hull's heroes.

FANS are today being urged to turn out in their thousands to welcome home Hull's heroes.

Win or lose, tomorrow Hull FC players will be honoured with an open-top bus tour to Hull City Hall for a reception.

The city wants to celebrate their achievement of reaching the Challenge Cup Final for the first time in 20 years.

And today civic leaders called on people to line the streets and pack Queen Victoria Square to roar their support and make it a party to remember.

Lord Mayor Bryan Bradley will share the players' pride at a civic reception.

Cllr Bradley said: "Win or lose, everybody has got to come out and celebrate Hull FC's success for the way they have sold our city.

"Coming in the week when we've had such great GCSE results, the team is really helping put Hull on the map.

"I encourage people to go to the celebrations because everyone will have a great time."

Hull FC fan and city councillor Tom McVie is looking forward to tomorrow's celebrations and said they would be just as spirited as when Hull City were promoted to the Championship.

"Hull FC fans are every bit as enthusiastic as City fans, so it should be a great party," he said.

"It is a huge achievement to get to the final, whatever the result, and it reflects the way the team has been built in the past few years."

Although Cllr McVie is a Hull FC supporter, he said the recent successes of Hull KR and Hull City helped cement the city's reputation as a place of excellence for sport.

He said: "Hull is known as a hotbed of rugby talent internationally and the city has hosted amateur and professional matches for many years.

"I would love to see Hull KR in the Super League so we can have the old derbies again.

"It is wonderful that our football team is also doing so well."

The party kicks off in Queen Victoria Square at 4pm tomorrow with the big screen showing

Turn to Page 3

From Page 1

highlights of Hull FC's cup matches.

The bus with the players will leave the Costello Stadium, in west Hull, at 5.15pm, winding its way to Hull City Hall.

It is hoped crowds will line the route, cheering on the players.

Once they get to City Hall, they will go out on to the balcony and greet the fans.

John Till, chief executive of Hull Cityimage said: "It will be a fantastic day for the city. Across the nation, eyes will be focused on Hull for all the right reasons.

"Hull FC's success has made Hull people proud and I'm sure the feel-good factor and carnival atmosphere will be evident across the city, whether the boys win or lose."

s.alexander@hdmp.co.uk

Links

Hull FC

www.hullfc.com

Hull City Council

www.hullcc.gov.uk
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hull FC will tomorrow celebrate reaching the Challenge C Reply with quote

[quote="Johnny"]JOIN THE PARTY

Hull FC will tomorrow celebrate reaching the Challenge Cup final with an open-top bus tour and reception at Hull City Hall.

Everyone is being urged to line the streets in their thousands and pack Queen Victoria Square to cheer Hull's heroes.

FANS are today being urged to turn out in their thousands to welcome home Hull's heroes.

Win or lose, tomorrow Hull FC players will be honoured with an open-top bus tour to Hull City Hall for a reception.

The city wants to celebrate their achievement of reaching the Challenge Cup Final for the first time in 20 years.

And today civic leaders called on people to line the streets and pack Queen Victoria Square to roar their support and make it a party to remember.

Lord Mayor Bryan Bradley will share the players' pride at a civic reception.

Cllr Bradley said: "Win or lose, everybody has got to come out and celebrate Hull FC's success for the way they have sold our city.

"Coming in the week when we've had such great GCSE results, the team is really helping put Hull on the map.

"I encourage people to go to the celebrations because everyone will have a great time."

Hull FC fan and city councillor Tom McVie is looking forward to tomorrow's celebrations and said they would be just as spirited as when Hull City were promoted to the Championship.

"Hull FC fans are every bit as enthusiastic as City fans, so it should be a great party," he said.

"It is a huge achievement to get to the final, whatever the result, and it reflects the way the team has been built in the past few years."

Although Cllr McVie is a Hull FC supporter, he said the recent successes of Hull KR and Hull City helped cement the city's reputation as a place of excellence for sport.

He said: "Hull is known as a hotbed of rugby talent internationally and the city has hosted amateur and professional matches for many years.

"I would love to see Hull KR in the Super League so we can have the old derbies again.

"It is wonderful that our football team is also doing so well."

The party kicks off in Queen Victoria Square at 4pm tomorrow with the big screen showing

Turn to Page 3

From Page 1

highlights of Hull FC's cup matches.

The bus with the players will leave the Costello Stadium, in west Hull, at 5.15pm, winding its way to Hull City Hall.

It is hoped crowds will line the route, cheering on the players.

Once they get to City Hall, they will go out on to the balcony and greet the fans.

John Till, chief executive of Hull Cityimage said: "It will be a fantastic day for the city. Across the nation, eyes will be focused on Hull for all the right reasons.

"Hull FC's success has made Hull people proud and I'm sure the feel-good factor and carnival atmosphere will be evident across the city, whether the boys win or lose."

s.alexander@hdmp.co.uk

Links

Hull FC

www.hullfc.com

Hull City Council

www.hullcc.gov.uk[/quote]

congratulations to hull for winning the challenge cup final against thumbup leeds thumbup

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the wife had let me put that £10 bet on I'd be probably £10 better off now! Laughing

Fantastic game, just goes to show that 1 point makes all the difference.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions of the world.... :D Come on you Hull, I'll be there tomorrow for the victory parade and a whisky and beer in hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Johnny"]If the wife had let me put that £10 bet on I'd be probably £10 better off now! Laughing

Fantastic game, just goes to show that 1 point makes all the difference.[/quote]

£10 will buy the nappies Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hendrix wrote:
We are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions of the world.... :D Come on you Hull, I'll be there tomorrow for the victory parade and a whisky and beer in hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ull! Ull! Ull! Ull! and they said we were the worse city in the UK Wink
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Johnny"][quote="Hendrix"]We are the champions, we are the champions, we are the champions of the world.... :D Come on you Hull, I'll be there tomorrow for the victory parade and a whisky and beer in hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Ull! Ull! Ull! Ull! and they said we were the worse city in the UK Wink[/quote]

ive been to hull.........................erm, its got a nice bridge Laughing Laughing

Black Beer
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Hendrix wrote:

Ull! Ull! Ull! Ull! and they said we were the worse city in the UK Wink

ive been to hull.........................erm, its got a nice bridge Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the victory bells Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hendrix"]I'm sorry I can't hear you over the victory bells Laughing[/quote]

ok i'll come clean, i do actually like rugby league :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: