Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical Assistance!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Medical Assistance!! Reply with quote

Whisky

Like red wine, whisky contains antioxidants (which seep in from the wooden barrels it is matured in), though they are present in smaller amounts.

Nevertheless, a shot or two of whisky each day will help to reduce your risk of heart disease. But research has shown that there are even greater health benefits to people who drink single malt whiskies instead of wine because they contain far higher concentrations of ellagic acid - a substance that mops up rogue cells extremely effectively.

Dr Jim Swan, from the Association of Clinical Biochemists, explains: “Ellagic acid is a highly effective free radical scavenger that absorbs rogue cells that occur in our bodies during eating.

The free radicals can break down the DNA structure of our existing cells, which then leads to the risk of the body making replacement rogue cancer cells. So whether you indulge in the odd tipple or you are a serious connoisseur, whisky can protect you from cancer and science proves it."

Dr Swan says that the health benefits would be greater in well-aged whisky rather than a cheap blend. True, you can get this acid from soft fruits geek but, after a fine meal, what works best for you: a conference pear or a glass of Highland Park over ice?

soft fruit!! i know what my choice would be hello1

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Well I must do what the doctor says
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> General Chit Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: