Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A German brewery will give away 10,000 litres of beer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Real Ale and Pubs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arnold

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: A German brewery will give away 10,000 litres of beer Reply with quote

FRANKFURT, Sept 22 (Reuters)

A German brewery will give away 10,000 litres of beer to fans of the first team to beat Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga this season.

Bayern have won 15 league games in a row -- six out of six this season, plus their final nine on the run-in to the title last term -- and are already four points clear at the top.

"We want to create a bit of excitement," Bitburger spokesman Dietmar Henle told Bild newspaper on Thursday. "We've nothing against Bayern but there must be some tension."

The beer could be claimed on Saturday when second-placed Hamburg SV host Bayern.

Bitburger will raise the offer by 1,000 litres each match until the prize has been won, Bild reported.

from: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20050922:MTFH85215_2005-09-22_15-50-55_L22114035:1
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A German brewery will give away 10,000 litres of beer Reply with quote

Arnold wrote:
FRANKFURT, Sept 22 (Reuters)

A German brewery will give away 10,000 litres of beer to fans of the first team to beat Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga this season.

Bayern have won 15 league games in a row -- six out of six this season, plus their final nine on the run-in to the title last term -- and are already four points clear at the top.

"We want to create a bit of excitement," Bitburger spokesman Dietmar Henle told Bild newspaper on Thursday. "We've nothing against Bayern but there must be some tension."

The beer could be claimed on Saturday when second-placed Hamburg SV host Bayern.

Bitburger will raise the offer by 1,000 litres each match until the prize has been won, Bild reported.

from: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20050922:MTFH85215_2005-09-22_15-50-55_L22114035:1

right lads, how many of you speak german and have football boots Question Question

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Black Beer
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this turning into Escape to Victory Laughing except this time Escape for a quick pint or a 1000 occasion5 occasion5 occasion5 occasion5
hull_fox
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its gone! SV Hamburg beat them 2-0 at the weekend. who says incentives don't work! i love bitburger, possibly my favourite lager.
Erik the Viking
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even got one pint, I waited everyday for the postman to bring me a large German drinking tankard of lager but no joy Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Real Ale and Pubs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: