Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

what a drab sad distillery this is, out dated video and and a tour lacking any passion from a guide who i think whished he was somewhere else and the tour cost us 8 quid for us both, did'nt bother with a bottle, no more to say really Sad Sad Sad

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their 10 year old whisky is lovely but they wouldn't stay open to let me visit or make any concession to the fact i couldn't stay to see it the next day. I ended up paying for a taxi early in the morning and getting some sneak shots at 7.30am. I was sent a bottle of whisky years ago by the distillery manager for a letter I wrote in the Whisky Magazine that won the glasses, he said I'd need something to go in the glasses! The stuff they used to send was wonderful but actually at the distillery itself it lets itself down. Sad
Spirit of Islay
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havn't been to this one but i'm a bit surprised at the comments after all you'd think they'd make the effort with it been in such a touristy place , then again it's not like they've got competition on their door step so i suppose they feel they don't need to put themselves out .
Slainté
Gordon

And a dedicated Islay Forum !!!!
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have some media savvy but the distillery tour part is their achilles heal.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
They seem to have some media savvy but the distillery tour part is their achilles heal.

you should see the groveling email i had today, they know they have a problem Exclamation Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was sometime since I got the bottle of whisky from them. The letter I wrote a few years back now pointed out how well the PR was, they had sent me a lovely colourful booklet about the distillery, I got a calender and some chocs when I ordered some minatures and one of their blends, so they were very good at the time.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
what a drab sad distillery this is, out dated video and and a tour lacking any passion from a guide who i think whished he was somewhere else and the tour cost us 8 quid for us both, did'nt bother with a bottle, no more to say really Sad Sad Sad

Yes I had the same drab experience Sad It's also one of those distilleries which in pictures looks as if it's in farmland by itself, but in reality is beside a major road!! Sad Nice whisky though. I think someone should send this link to Ben Nevis distillery to see what they have to say Confused
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

Judith wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

Yes I had the same drab experience Sad It's also one of those distilleries which in pictures looks as if it's in farmland by itself, but in reality is beside a major road!! Sad Nice whisky though. I think someone should send this link to Ben Nevis distillery to see what they have to say Confused

I've contacted them via their e-mail incase they want to respond so keep an eye out Rolling Eyes I've had very good relations with the distillery via the postal service and hopefully they will improve their visitor attraction to their postal PR standard.
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Judith wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

I've contacted them via their e-mail incase they want to respond so keep an eye out Rolling Eyes I've had very good relations with the distillery via the postal service and hopefully they will improve their visitor attraction to their postal PR standard.

because of my complaint to the distillery, by way of an apology, ben nevis has sent me a bottle of 10yo malt, a pen and a booklet about the distillery.

although this does not change how i feel about the way the distillery manages some of its visitors, its nice to see that it responds in a positive way to complaints made and hopefully this could lead to changes and improve the tour and then visitor enjoyment.

it was mentioned earlier that the have a monopoly and are in a tourist area, this should not mean that the can get away with a second class service.

so, a positive response from ben nevis Smile Smile

dav182
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Judith wrote:
talisker25 wrote:

because of my complaint to the distillery, by way of an apology, ben nevis has sent me a bottle of 10yo malt, a pen and a booklet about the distillery.

although this does not change how i feel about the way the distillery manages some of its visitors, its nice to see that it responds in a positive way to complaints made and hopefully this could lead to changes and improve the tour and then visitor enjoyment.

it was mentioned earlier that the have a monopoly and are in a tourist area, this should not mean that the can get away with a second class service.

so, a positive response from ben nevis Smile Smile

Nice to see they try and make some sort of recompense. We've visited a few places that wouldn't even recognise they had a problem. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: