Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: BEN NEVIS DISTILLERY Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Judith wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
what a drab sad distillery this is, out dated video and and a tour lacking any passion from a guide who i think whished he was somewhere else and the tour cost us 8 quid for us both, did'nt bother with a bottle, no more to say really Sad Sad Sad

Yes I had the same drab experience Sad It's also one of those distilleries which in pictures looks as if it's in farmland by itself, but in reality is beside a major road!! Sad Nice whisky though. I think someone should send this link to Ben Nevis distillery to see what they have to say Confused

I've contacted them via their e-mail incase they want to respond so keep an eye out Rolling Eyes I've had very good relations with the distillery via the postal service and hopefully they will improve their visitor attraction to their postal PR standard.

because of my complaint to the distillery, by way of an apology, ben nevis has sent me a bottle of 10yo malt, a pen and a booklet about the distillery.

although this does not change how i feel about the way the distillery manages some of its visitors, its nice to see that it responds in a positive way to complaints made and hopefully this could lead to changes and improve the tour and then visitor enjoyment.

it was mentioned earlier that the have a monopoly and are in a tourist area, this should not mean that the can get away with a second class service.

so, a positive response from ben nevis Smile Smile

A very good response by mail etc., but as you say you've made the effort to go to Scotland and there distillery isn't the easiest to get to, so you'd hope for some Highland hospitality.
dav182
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talisker, you're not a Campbell, there not to keen up there near Glencoe!! Laughing
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dav182 wrote:
Talisker, you're not a Campbell, there not to keen up there near Glencoe!! Laughing

no i am not a campbell, the campbells are not welcome anywhere are they Laughing Laughing

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
dav182 wrote:

no i am not a campbell, the campbells are not welcome anywhere are they Laughing Laughing

Isn't there a pub in Glencoe that says "No Dogs or Campbells", I shouldn't laugh a freind in CAMRA is a Campbell and he's fed up with the jokes as his sister lives on Orkney near one of the distilleries and they always point it out when he visits.
whiskyjac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: ben nevis distillery Reply with quote

you dont say if your sneak shots were drams or pix!!
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: ben nevis distillery Reply with quote

whiskyjac wrote:
you dont say if your sneak shots were drams or pix!!

Hi Whiskyjac,

Nice to see you posting, dramming is always the way here on the whiskyroom :D Laughing
dav182
Novice taster
Novice taster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that you Johnny?

El Diablo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dav182 wrote:
Is that you Johnny?

That is Johnny Laughing at 7.30 am in the morning, they wouldn't let him tour even though he'd made it up there 10 mins before closing the day before Sad
whiskyjac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Ben nevis Distillery Reply with quote

At the risk of upsetting the applecarts of the cognoscenti, i dont see what the problem is at Ben Nevis. Surely turning up unannounced expecting a special tour ( it would have to be since their advertising says clearly - last tour 1 hour before closing) is rude if nothing else ! As to the appearance - whats the old saying about judging books by the cover? most of the distilleries I know of bend over backwards to be accomodating so comments like these will do little or nothing to encourage them to make the enthusiastic amateur even more welcome.
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
but actually at the distillery itself it lets itself down. Sad

I can imagine it with such public relations...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Distilleries and Breweries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: