Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SB Northwest Introduces New Line of "Belgique" bee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Real Ale and Pubs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alehead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: SB Northwest Introduces New Line of "Belgique" bee Reply with quote

October 4, 2005

SB Northwest Introduces New Line of "Belgique" Imported Belgian Beers

Launch of Specialty Ales Helps Meet Consumer Demand and Gives Company National Presence

Seattle, Wash. - Today, SB Northwest, a Pacific Northwest producer of premium micro-brews, announces the launch of a new line of imported Belgian specialty Ales under the brand name Belgique. The launch of Angelique, Euphorique, Diabolique and Mystique ales, which are targeted for nation-wide distribution, elevates the company's focus to the national level and comes at a time when consumer demand for specialty beers is at an all-time high.

Sales of import beers have been on the rise in recent years and the category has enjoyed continual growth in the last 6 years, with an impressive 45 percent growth rate since 1998*. Compared to a lackluster growth rate of 1.6 percent for mass market brands, this surge in sales of specialty imports shows that consumers are taking a special interest in niche beers. Belgium imports are currently the fastest growing segment of the specialty import category.

"Much like in the premium wine industry, consumers are wanting premium quality Belgium beer at a good value price point, " said Ron Seid, President of SB Northwest. "We have responded to this increased consumer demand by over-delivering on quality for value in this segment."

What first growth chateau or luxury cuvee champagne are to wine, Belgian specialty ales are to beer. The Angelique, Euphorique, Diabolique and Mystique ales are all "methode champenoise" ales, the style considered the pinnacle of the brewmaster's art and the destination for the rapidly expanding pool of specialty beer consumers. The four Belgique varieties represent the four classic methode champenoise styles and all come in both 25.4 ounce cork finished bottles. Additionally Angelique and Diabolique are offered in 11.2 ounce cap finished bottles. Unlike other Belgian beers that vary in price by style, all the Belgique beers retail for just $7-$8, offering particular value on the Abt style ale, Mystique.

Angelique is a medium to full-bodied Abbey style Belgian Ale, reddish amber in color, with spicy currant and date on the nose and subtle layers of malt flavors such as caramel and orange chocolate. It is 7 percent alcohol by volume.

Diabolique is a strong golden Belgian ale, cloudy pale gold in color with a creamy white head. It has floral and spice notes on the nose and malty sweetness with classic Belgian floral and fruit esters. It is 8.5 percent alcohol by volume.

Euphorique is a lightly sweet and fruity Abbey style blond ale, with yeast and floral notes on the nose and hints of candied sugar. It is 6.5 percent alcohol by volume.

Mystique is an Abt style Belgian ale, dark chestnut in color with a full tan head. Its aromas are of dark fruit, spice, molasses and port with layers of dark molasses and plum and black licorice on the palate. It is 8.5 percent alcohol by volume.

All of the Belgique ales are created at the Andelot ProefBrouwerij brewery in Lochristi, Belgium under the direction of highly regarded Belgian brewing engineer and professor Dirk Naudts. Naudts founded the brewery in 1996 after gaining experience as Brewmaster at the Roman Brewery in Oudenaarde, Belgium and most recently at the prestigious St. Lieven brewing program in Gent, Belgium. The brewery is a unique blend of modern brewing technology and traditional Belgium methodology.

The Belgique beers are currently being distributed in 20 states in the U.S. with plans to be distributed in all 50 by 2006.

http://beeradvocate.com/news/stories_read/f-568388/
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!
This sounds just like Heaven!!!
Thanks for the info!
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
OMG!
This sounds just like Heaven!!!
Thanks for the info!

Went to Amsterdam last year and the amount of Belgian bars and beers was incredible, bars would have lists of a 100 beers or more to choose from plus nice dark little old bars with real atmosphere.
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Amsterdam during College and this last summer with my girlfriend... I really like Amsterdam. One of my favorite places. But my girlfriend prefers Haarlem, is more little and have minus tourist gangs, Wink .
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
I went to Amsterdam during College and this last summer with my girlfriend... I really like Amsterdam. One of my favorite places. But my girlfriend prefers Haarlem, is more little and have minus tourist gangs, Wink .

Did you do the bars like Wilderman and Smalls etc and the gin place Focknink?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Real Ale and Pubs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: