Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refi

Bookmark this site!
Kilchoman distillery
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Kilchoman distillery Reply with quote

http://www.kilchomandistillery.com/


I can't remember if this website has been mentioned before for the new distillery.

Quote:
Kilchoman (pronounced kilhoman) is a farm scale distillery and the first to be built on Islay for 124 years. Kilchoman gives everyone the opportunity to see all that is best in the grass-roots traditions of whisky production - from barley field to bottling room.

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich


Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Posts: 1991
Location: north east

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kilchoman distillery Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
http://www.kilchomandistillery.com/


I can't remember if this website has been mentioned before for the new distillery.

Quote:
Kilchoman (pronounced kilhoman) is a farm scale distillery and the first to be built on Islay for 124 years. Kilchoman gives everyone the opportunity to see all that is best in the grass-roots traditions of whisky production - from barley field to bottling room.


read about this a while ago, i am considering buying a cask, the aim i think is to get back to the traditional whisky that used to be made on islay (whatever that is)
_________________
i've been on a whisky diet, i've lost 3 days already

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spirit of Islay
Single Maltster
Single Maltster


Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Posts: 102
Location: Definitely not 55.640489,-6.107687

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we might actually get to Kilchoman next festival , we had a look around while it was been built but havn't seen it since . We went up to see the owners (who weren't in ) as they had linked to my site (the only distillery to have the sense to so far ....... Laughing Wink ) .
We were hoping to get up this trip at the end of Nov but the only free time we've got is the Saturday and they're closed at the week-end . The manager is a former Ardbeg Stillman , Malcolm Rennie , son of the former Laddie warehouseman John . There's another Ardbeg connection in Paula who used to work in the Old Kiln and is now visitor centre manageress .
We also considered investing in a cask but decided against it after a lot of thought (and the fact that i've got a C&E bill to pay for the bottling of my bloodtub ) .
I'll let you know when i finally get to tour the new place .
BTW if you come onto the chat on wednesday you sometimes get to chat to Raymond owner of Bladnoch (tho it's a while since he's dropped in ) . A more regular attendee is Francis who's just about to commission his Daftmill Farm Distillery in Fife (nothing to do with Ladybank , as he'll point out !) .

Slainté
Gordon
_________________
Homer's Hypothesis - One can never own too many Ardbegs.......

And a dedicated Islay Forum !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymous
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit of Islay wrote:
Hopefully we might actually get to Kilchoman next festival , we had a look around while it was been built but havn't seen it since . We went up to see the owners (who weren't in ) as they had linked to my site (the only distillery to have the sense to so far ....... Laughing Wink ) .
We were hoping to get up this trip at the end of Nov but the only free time we've got is the Saturday and they're closed at the week-end . The manager is a former Ardbeg Stillman , Malcolm Rennie , son of the former Laddie warehouseman John . There's another Ardbeg connection in Paula who used to work in the Old Kiln and is now visitor centre manageress .
We also considered investing in a cask but decided against it after a lot of thought (and the fact that i've got a C&E bill to pay for the bottling of my bloodtub ) .
I'll let you know when i finally get to tour the new place .
BTW if you come onto the chat on wednesday you sometimes get to chat to Raymond owner of Bladnoch (tho it's a while since he's dropped in ) . A more regular attendee is Francis who's just about to commission his Daftmill Farm Distillery in Fife (nothing to do with Ladybank , as he'll point out !) .

Slainté
Gordon


I don't know if anyone used a supermarket called Netto but they used to sell a really cheap blend that had on it distilled or blended at Ladybank Distillery but then changed it after a couple of years Exclamation Question Never could find out the reason for the name appearing or disappearing.
Back to top
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Great Macaulay, The Reply with quote

Great Macaulay, The

Blended whisky around £7 a bottle


40%

(The Ladyburn Dist. Co., Ayrshire KA26 9PT. Old label from around3 to 5 years ago)

Est.1887, Frank McNaughton & Co., Glasgow, ML4 3AN.

Nose: Fresh, spirity, pear drops?

Body: Smooth, slight peaty, malty.

Finish: Woody. O.K.
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Peat Reak
Single Maltster
Single Maltster


Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 126

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit of Islay wrote:
Hopefully we might actually get to Kilchoman next festival , we had a look around while it was been built but havn't seen it since . We went up to see the owners (who weren't in ) as they had linked to my site (the only distillery to have the sense to so far ....... Laughing Wink ) .
We were hoping to get up this trip at the end of Nov but the only free time we've got is the Saturday and they're closed at the week-end . The manager is a former Ardbeg Stillman , Malcolm Rennie , son of the former Laddie warehouseman John . There's another Ardbeg connection in Paula who used to work in the Old Kiln and is now visitor centre manageress .
We also considered investing in a cask but decided against it after a lot of thought (and the fact that i've got a C&E bill to pay for the bottling of my bloodtub ) .
I'll let you know when i finally get to tour the new place .
BTW if you come onto the chat on wednesday you sometimes get to chat to Raymond owner of Bladnoch (tho it's a while since he's dropped in ) . A more regular attendee is Francis who's just about to commission his Daftmill Farm Distillery in Fife (nothing to do with Ladybank , as he'll point out !) .

Slainté
Gordon


I take it this is still a distillery in the very early stages of production, have they even made whisky yet to lay down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FraGil
Newbie


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 24
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peat Reak wrote:
have they even made whisky yet to lay down?


According to their websites calender they hope to begin distilling Monday November 5th (i must be missing something there Question )

http://www.kilchomandistillery.com/distillery-progress.asp?calday=28&calmonth=10&calyear=2005&EventID=110
_________________
Robert Graham Ltd Est 1874

Nominated as Retailer of the Year in Whisky Magazine's Icons of Whisky Awards 2005

www.whisky-cigars.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich


Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Posts: 1991
Location: north east

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FraGil wrote:
Peat Reak wrote:
have they even made whisky yet to lay down?


According to their websites calender they hope to begin distilling Monday November 5th (i must be missing something there Question )

http://www.kilchomandistillery.com/distillery-progress.asp?calday=28&calmonth=10&calyear=2005&EventID=110



which year Question cos this year its saturday i know that because its my bithday Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________
i've been on a whisky diet, i've lost 3 days already

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FraGil
Newbie


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 24
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to their site calendars entry on 28th October 2005 they say that distilling will begin Monday November 5th

I can only assume that they are again talking about 2005 but as you say the 5th is not a Monday! Saturday would be a strange day to start distilling so my money is on Monday 7th

Anyone know any better?
_________________
Robert Graham Ltd Est 1874

Nominated as Retailer of the Year in Whisky Magazine's Icons of Whisky Awards 2005

www.whisky-cigars.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
pete
Newbie


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer Actually found a reference to the whisky Very Happy
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-love-Cottingham/516275921790089
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Whisky All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
subRed style by ktauber
Effex-Media Web Resources
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse