Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refi

Bookmark this site!
my favourite film
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich


Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Posts: 1991
Location: north east

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: my favourite film Reply with quote

my favourite film has to be Field of Dreams, Kevin Cosner, he risks going bankrupt by digging up his corn field and turning it into a baseball field after hearing voice saying 'if you build it he will come' the he was his dead father and by building the pitch, dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.
must have seen this 20/25 times and i never tire of it Smile

http://www.bostonmovietours.net/jeff/Export1/BoxOffice/details/3903.html
_________________
i've been on a whisky diet, i've lost 3 days already

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/


Last edited by talisker25 on Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Black Beer
Single Maltster
Single Maltster


Joined: 24 Jul 2005
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: my favourite film Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
my favourite film has to be Field of Dreams, Kevin Cosner, he risks going bankrupt by digging up his corn field and turning it into a baseball field after hearing voice saying 'if you build it he will come' the he was his dead father and by building the pitch, dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.
must have seen this 20/25 times and i never tire of it Smile


I love that film too but my favourite baseball film is The Natural with Robert Redford who is stabbed while young as he's going to be the greatest ball player ever and then comes back when he's middle aged.
_________________
Work is the curse of the drinking class.
-- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many, all the christmas carols and scrooges, most WWII movies, most decent horror inc b&w's, epics like Lawrence of Arabia, Random Harvest, Zulu, A Bridge Too Far, El Cid, Doctor Zhivago etc., most sci-fi, it's like choosing a favourite child, that's why we've only had one
Laughing
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black Beer
Single Maltster
Single Maltster


Joined: 24 Jul 2005
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Harvest is on TCM tomorrow :D
_________________
Work is the curse of the drinking class.
-- Oscar Wilde
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Zulu Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058777/quotes

Some of the classic lines from the film Zulu
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one of my all time classics was El Cid. Found this site about the actual Cid

http://www.shsu.edu/~his_ncp/Cid.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/cid.htm
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fernando77
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 893
Location: Spain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: my favourite film Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.


Shocked

I have to see it. Zombie baseball players!!! Shocking!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Beer
_________________
http://zombi.blogia.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: my favourite film Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.


Shocked

I have to see it. Zombie baseball players!!! Shocking!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Beer


I think you're thinking of Field of the Dead Twisted Evil
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fernando77
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 893
Location: Spain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: my favourite film Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.


Shocked

I have to see it. Zombie baseball players!!! Shocking!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Beer


I think you're thinking of Field of the Dead Twisted Evil


I was jocking... But I'm impressed. Is there a film with zombies playing baseball? Field of the Dead... sounds great! Laughing
_________________
http://zombi.blogia.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Johnny
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Apr 2005
Posts: 3553

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: my favourite film Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
dead baseball players come back to play on it including his father.


Shocked

I have to see it. Zombie baseball players!!! Shocking!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Beer


I think you're thinking of Field of the Dead Twisted Evil


I was jocking... But I'm impressed. Is there a film with zombies playing baseball? Field of the Dead... sounds great! Laughing


No, but I think we should make it as a joint UK Spanish production. "Field of the Dead - There dying for you to come and play"
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/Let-the-drink-talk-675586225966432/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Film All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
subRed style by ktauber
Effex-Media Web Resources
Create your own free forum now!
Terms of Service Purchase Ad Removal Forum Archive Report Abuse