Let The Drink Talk Forum Index Let The Drink Talk
https://twitter.com/LetTheDrinkTalk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Film ever saw and where?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

I saw Bedkobs and Broomsticks when I was around 3 or 4, at a flee pit of a cinema in Withernsea on the East Coast of England, so roughly around 1971ish. I remember having to stand for the national anthem at the end, so people would run when the titles came up at the end to miss the anthemm and froze like muscical staues if it started! Bizarre, don't know if this happened at most UK cinemas then or a dying tradition kept in Withernsea at the time Laughing Was not a cinema for much longer after that and is now a pub and snooker hall were I meet up with friends from the town every Christmas Eve to see how each other has bloated and who has lost the most hair Laughing I win usually!! Laughing Laughing
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing custom! Laughing
Gorgeous child film! I enjoyed it very much. But I prefer "A murder she wrote" (nothing worst than having Jessica Fletcher as aunt coming on holydays to see you, Laughing Laughing ).
I bet you that I would win you if this Xmas Eve I were there! Laughing Laughing
(I look like an emoticon, but with black beard, Laughing ).
I don't play snooker since years... Sad
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
Amazing custom! Laughing
Gorgeous child film! I enjoyed it very much. But I prefer "A murder she wrote" (nothing worst than having Jessica Fletcher as aunt coming on holydays to see you, Laughing Laughing ).

I'm not so much balding as receding like a tide leaving the shore!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
Amazing custom! Laughing

I'm not so much balding as receding like a tide leaving the shore!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

You seem a poet!
:D
I like my bald head, but now, with this poetic point of view, baldness become the most gorgeous thing you could experiment!
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

Johnny wrote:
I saw Bedkobs and Broomsticks when I was around 3 or 4, at a flee pit of a cinema in Withernsea on the East Coast of England, so roughly around 1971ish. I remember having to stand for the national anthem at the end, so people would run when the titles came up at the end to miss the anthemm and froze like muscical staues if it started! Bizarre, don't know if this happened at most UK cinemas then or a dying tradition kept in Withernsea at the time Laughing Was not a cinema for much longer after that and is now a pub and snooker hall were I meet up with friends from the town every Christmas Eve to see how each other has bloated and who has lost the most hair Laughing I win usually!! Laughing Laughing

i used to go to the saturday morning pic, flash gordon and all that sort of stuff but you youngsters will not remember that, i would have ben 6 0r 7 at the time.all the cinemas i used to go you are now either supermarkets of bingo halls

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

i used to go to the saturday morning pic, flash gordon and all that sort of stuff but you youngsters will not remember that, i would have ben 6 0r 7 at the time.all the cinemas i used to go you are now either supermarkets of bingo halls

Oh, my god! The cinema where I used to go when child is now a f*** bingo hall. That cinema, close to my house, was wonderful. There you could see two films one after the other ever. And, on wednesday, at ahlf price. I watched Back to the future I and II for only 150 pts (more or less 1 €, Shocked ).

There is another cinema at the city center. There my girlfriend and me came in one of our first dates. love3 Now is for sale... Crying or Very sad
talisker25
Keeper of the Quaich
Keeper of the Quaich

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Oh, my god! The cinema where I used to go when child is now a f*** bingo hall. That cinema, close to my house, was wonderful. There you could see two films one after the other ever. And, on wednesday, at ahlf price. I watched Back to the future I and II for only 150 pts (more or less 1 €, Shocked ).

There is another cinema at the city center. There my girlfriend and me came in one of our first dates. love3 Now is for sale... Crying or Very sad

Your girlfriend is for sale!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The trouble with jogging is that ice falls out of your glass

http://talikerstantrums.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

talisker25 wrote:
Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Your girlfriend is for sale!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HE HE HE HE HE HE HEHE HE!!!!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing VERY FUNNY!!!
Rolling Eyes
mmmmmmm...
NEVER!
Twisted Evil
Johnny
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: First Film ever saw and where? Reply with quote

Fernando77 wrote:
talisker25 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Doesn't matter which part of the world you live in, old cinemas become Bingo Halls Confused Sad Sad
Fernando77
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at war against Bingo Halls!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let The Drink Talk Forum Index -> Film All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: